Salute To Bg

Pooka

Damn, some things are tough to comment on. It makes me feel weird typing this as my thoughts are literally disabling my ability to voice what I truly think and feel. Reading through this thread makes it very clear that you're a great guy that will be missed by everyone and it's making me sad I haven't had the chance meeting you yet. No goodbye's from me, I hate them. Stay strong :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jim...

Not really good with this sort of thing, but as everyone said, thank you to the warm welcome to the ubizoo coops and later the Dogz, and for being a clockwork constant in our squad by providing the hosting which connected so many of us from around the globe and eventually culminated with many of us meeting in real life, in my case making the pilgrimage to Duxford to see all these dogz in person, have a great time and enjoy the things we love together at the airshow.

As I said once before I hold you in the utmost regard, you have demonstrated patience and selflessness, for example didn't hesitate to restart a mission for the 5th time of some of us didn't make it, and your conduct on the ubi forum as well has been the textbook example of good and sensible moderation. But above everything else, your persistence and good humor even after your condition became apparent, your commitment to the Danger Dogz, and the positive energy you radiated over teamspeak even in the days in which your condition must have been dire, were something that only someone of the highest quality of character could do.

I can say nothing more but that I really wish you spend the time you have left in as pleasant a condition as possible. I only wish I got to shake your hand in person.

~S~ BG

~S~ BG,

I am at a loss on what to say here, I always enjoyed it when I got to fly with you and the rest of these guys. I have been hanging in there been doing a lot of canoeing and fishing over the past year, (fighting the MS back) you might say.... Got tired of it controlling me...... I don't do good-byes so you will have to settle with a (till we meet again sir).

~S~ to you sir,

Kenneth Archie Wilder

Its very hard to add to the fine comments on here,

Jim, I looked back in achives and found a personal email from you, The warmth and genuine friendliness in the short note that welcomed me to the forums and inviting me for my first flights is evident.

Its a shame I havent been in a possition to fly for a long while but I was always greatful that you always loaded one of my poorly crafted missions each time I requested it. I will miss flying with you.

Regards

Nick

new_standard_biplane_sunset.jpg

I know that I shall meet my fate

Somewhere among the clouds above;

Those that I fight I do not hate,

Those that I guard I do not love;

My country is Kiltartan Cross,

My countrymen Kiltartan's poor,

No likely end could bring them loss

Or leave them happier than before.

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,

Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,

A lonely impulse of delight

Drove to this tumult in the clouds;

I balanced all, brought all to mind,

The years to come seemed waste of breath,

A waste of breath the years behind

In balance with this life, this death.

W.B. Yeats

Salute to our brother pilot.

See you a day in the Dark Blu World...

~S~ Jim

It was a true pleasure to spend time chatting and flying with you and all the DD's, through good and bad times you were the glue that kept everything and everybody together.The warm welcome I would receive on joining T/S by yourself will stick with me always " Ah Nick, evening laddie" and to meet you in 2007 at Duxford was an honour.

Thoughts to you and your family jim.

A true gentleman.

cat.jpg

Regards

Nick

BG (Jim),

I’d hoped to have more opportunity to fly with you, but it sounds like you’re moving on to bigger and better things. You’ve clearly made a good impression on many here, so I’m sure you’ll do well. Best wishes in your future endeavors and travels. We’ll catch up with you soon enough. Put a good word in for us and remember you’re never more than a thought away.

Salute!

Gustang (Tim)

~S~

I would like to Thank You BG for all the Great times I have had flying with the DD'z. For you making me and everyone else here feel like they were always welcome to fly with this great bunch of M8's. Some of the best times I have had flying was with You and the Dogz. You will always be in my thoughts, and will Always be a person in the flight sim world who will always be looked upon as someone to aspire too. I have been very lucky to have met you, and look forward to flying with you again. All the best My Friend.

Best Wishes & Thank You, :goodjob:

OB :icon_salut:

• 3 weeks later...

I just heard. My condolences to Helen and to all the Dogz. Jim was such a great person. I am proud to have been able to fly with him. He had such a wonderful sense of humor.

~S!~ Jim. Thank you for all the wonderful times. Fly high and free.

(god I can barely see my monitor for the tears.)

Although I never personally new Blair, it was always nice to read his input on the flight-sim forums.

As has been mentioned, we have now lost another of the enthusiasts who was seen as instrumental in furthering the community spirit which is why there is so-much respect on offer in this thread.

RIP mate, cheers, Mysticpuma