Flying Legends 2012 - Dates Announced!

BluBear

• 2. Administrators

Good, good. We'll have initial indications of room prices at the Red Lion for the weekend in question at the end of next week. I suggest we try to arrange a block booking for, say, ten rooms and see what they say. If we can guarantee filling those rooms and the bar for the weekend they may be prepared to do us a deal. I'm happy to start negotiations with them as soon as the prices are available.

On the other hand, if JP is prepared to work his magic again on the Whittlesford Holiday Inn, that's good too!

While there was nothing at all wrong with the hotel in Cambridge this year, it is handy having the bar and the airfield so close together. Personally, I'd prefer to be there if the price is right. I think the general opinion was the same?

Jabo

While there was nothing at all wrong with the hotel in Cambridge this year, it is handy having the bar and the airfield so close together. Personally, I'd prefer to be there if the price is right. I think the general opinion was the same?

Jabo

:thumbsu::iwg:

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Chaps,

Count me in for the "full monty" including a few days away afterwards visiting all of the historic brothels in Holland (at least I think that's what FT suggested ? )

JP: Funny how you also remember which year to come visit us using simple maths. I always just think "even year, odd chap visiting" simples ! :laughing7:

Seriously, we could start thinking about some kind of battlefield / airfield tour in England or on the continent.:thumbsu:

~S~ Brainless.

• 2. Administrators

From TFC's blog today;

Flying Legends 2012 -update 2nd August

Due to the protracted discussions being held with the Civil Aviation Authority regarding Olympic Airspace Restrictions please note that we are unable at this time to confirm the 2012 Flying Legends date.

We will provide updated information on progress for you on a weekly basis.

We would appreciate that you do not call The Fighter Collection about the 2012 dates!

We will update information for you as soon as we can through our usual internet sites.

We thank you for your understanding on this.

No need to start booking hotels yet then.

Jabo

P.S. "Full monty" for me too - Don't want the French to get complacent.