How Do You Start A Mission With Your Aircraft On The Ground

You could either try the QMB mission Crosscountry flight, or use the just put up a multiplayer server and use the dogfight maps. I'm not at my normal computer, so I cannot send you my missions I built just for that purpose.

What you could do is just go into the mission builder (under extras in the main menu)

Load up any of the maps, I suggest the Channel 1940 for just flying around, the others are a bit sparse, but they run really well.

Place an object called Spawn area (or something similar) on a airfield, which is the new name for the home base.

Configure it, with aircraft spawning as parked (or else they will spawn on the runway, which is slighly bugged with multiple players)

Choose how many pilots and what planes to be available at the airfield (IMPORTANT).

And then just save it, and go into multiplayer (I suggest lobby), and create a server with a password on it.

Choose the mission in the list (you may start looking at the singleplayer missions, but just click the two dots to go to the root folder and click the multiplayer missions.

When you are in the dogfight screen, you just click battle (or start battle) to start the mission, then it is just to choose a side. This enables you to click an airfield on the map belonging to your side (they show up as white circles)

You will then have a plane setup menu on the right, which allows you to pick an airplane and how many of them you which to spawn.

Then click the Plane button on the bottom of the screen to set up your aircraft, with skins and ammo belting. You can choose your own belting, I recommend a mix of Armourpiercing and DeWilde incendiaries and maybe a red tracer round on weapon 4-5 on the Spit/hurri. All you need to to is make a series of round for the belting, say AP/Dewilde incendiary/AP, which repeats until the gun is empty. Play around with the ratios a bit, but I like an equal mix of Dewilde and AP rounds. The ball rounds are just another FMJ bullet (which relativly useless, why have a normal round when you can have one that is on fire) and the observer round are entirely useless as they do not give any damage, just a large puff of smoke for training purposes. Remember, you have to do this with every gun, just make sure you save it afterwards (can be a bit dodgy at times).

Then get back into the dogfight menu, and press create on the right side (you may have to scroll down the right bar slightly. And now you should be in your cockpit, you can open the canopy by pressing O, and closing it with ctrl-O, which is VERY useful with 6DOF as you can lean outside the pit slightly then.

Good luck.

I'll try to see if I can't set up a training mission or something once I get home on monday.

You could either try the QMB mission Crosscountry flight, or use the just put up a multiplayer server and use the dogfight maps. I'm not at my normal computer, so I cannot send you my missions I built just for that purpose.

What you could do is just go into the mission builder (under extras in the main menu)

Load up any of the maps, I suggest the Channel 1940 for just flying around, the others are a bit sparse, but they run really well.

Place an object called Spawn area (or something similar) on a airfield, which is the new name for the home base.

Configure it, with aircraft spawning as parked (or else they will spawn on the runway, which is slighly bugged with multiple players)

Choose how many pilots and what planes to be available at the airfield (IMPORTANT).

And then just save it, and go into multiplayer (I suggest lobby), and create a server with a password on it.

Choose the mission in the list (you may start looking at the singleplayer missions, but just click the two dots to go to the root folder and click the multiplayer missions.

When you are in the dogfight screen, you just click battle (or start battle) to start the mission, then it is just to choose a side. This enables you to click an airfield on the map belonging to your side (they show up as white circles)

You will then have a plane setup menu on the right, which allows you to pick an airplane and how many of them you which to spawn.

Then click the Plane button on the bottom of the screen to set up your aircraft, with skins and ammo belting. You can choose your own belting, I recommend a mix of Armourpiercing and DeWilde incendiaries and maybe a red tracer round on weapon 4-5 on the Spit/hurri. All you need to to is make a series of round for the belting, say AP/Dewilde incendiary/AP, which repeats until the gun is empty. Play around with the ratios a bit, but I like an equal mix of Dewilde and AP rounds. The ball rounds are just another FMJ bullet (which relativly useless, why have a normal round when you can have one that is on fire) and the observer round are entirely useless as they do not give any damage, just a large puff of smoke for training purposes. Remember, you have to do this with every gun, just make sure you save it afterwards (can be a bit dodgy at times).

Then get back into the dogfight menu, and press create on the right side (you may have to scroll down the right bar slightly. And now you should be in your cockpit, you can open the canopy by pressing O, and closing it with ctrl-O, which is VERY useful with 6DOF as you can lean outside the pit slightly then.

Good luck.

I'll try to see if I can't set up a training mission or something once I get home on monday.

Thanks again Jedi. Its really apprciated!! I<ll try setting up a server on a DF Map.

MT

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck.

Jedi,

I click "Battle" and then still cannot select the red airfield. Its not highlighted. I must be doing something wrong,

I made a little dogfight server and have a "spawn area" on the map but cant select it in game.