Could I just recommend to everyone who has now got a copy of CloD to talk nicely to Jedi and see if he will run a tutorial session at a conveniant time for as many as possible. A Sunday perhaps?

I've been enjoying CloD for quite a while now and my PC ain't no great shakes. This is largely due to Jedi who has been an invaluable source of excellent advice when it comes to this game. Set up needs some thought to optimise it and the GUI in particular seems to be some devilish plot by the KGB. Even joystick settings are bizarre.

There is a diamond in here but without Jedi I'd still be at the "WTF! Oleg you fool" stage.

I installed it this Saturday. I have to say much of my initial reaction has been a milder version of JP's.

I can understand now why there's been so much indignation and negativity on the SimHQ and Banana Board...

I haven't given it much of a try (I've mostly been runniing the Black Death track while tweaking various options) but so far I've been coloured unimpressed (jaggies even will full AA on,unusual sound issues, "rubber-banding", trees doing the "rolling carpet"-popping in thing", strange DM (damaged hurris sitting up on their radiator and tailwheel). My fps are fine but the rubber banding is distracting.

I know many of these issues have work-arounds and solutions, but I have limited time to trawl (not troll ;) ) through the forums to find them and go into the conf.ini and other files and disable the Ubi flash at the beginning etc...

I'd rather just fire up RoF and enjoy a frustration-free experience of total immersion in a career.

In the meantime, CloD is going to sit on a shelf until Luthier/Oleg unscrew the pooch and stop playing banjo. I can see the potential but it's a real disappointment at this time.

C_G

• 2. Administrators

I can see the potential but it's a real disappointment at this time.

C_G

quoted for truth, and what its been like from day 1, I have no interest in it until it improves a hell of a lot.

Well, I finally got home from vacation and got to give this a try. I can see that it will be a nice addition to my bookshelf for now. The FPS are terrible.. I have to set the graphics on minimum just to make it playable.

Hard to believe that DCS: Blackshark and the A10c both run smooth, but Clod doesn't... Hope they get it 'fixed'.