Duxford Air Show September 3Rd And 4Th

Friar

• 2. Administrators

It's certainly not as it was FT, the old courtyard has been built over to accommodate the new dining area, but they are extending the new garden out beyond. As yet, the place is nowhere near finIshed, and it all feels a bit 'clinical' right now. The atmosphere is also different, but I think we need to have a look in a few months to get a clear picture.

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Chaps,

I have to say Colin that I'm not keen on the changes at the Red Lion but I suppose nothing is forever.........not even Tom's beard !! :roflmao:

Great Pictures Nick, wish I could have stood beside you when you were taking them m8 !

Thanks for sharing.

~S~ P.

Well, what a jolly good show!

Highlights for me were the F-15E, French Alpha Jet, Curtiss Hawks and of course the Spitfire Finale.

On top of that we were treated with simply perfect weather. Not too hot, just enough breeze (in the right direction), some puffy clouds and enough moisture in the air for the F-15 to display it's 'portable cloud' and 'creamers'!

If that wasn't enough, I got to share the experience with the Dogz! ~S~ Guys! (Nice to finally meet you Rog)

Also, I must add what charming families you all have!

They certainly appeared to enjoy themselves which was great.

Oh, and cracking pics Nick, top banana! :thumbsu:

• 1. DDz Quorum

Was a pleasure meeting the guys there!

My lot got a bit restless and insisted on dragging me off to view the fixed exhibits.

So I made sure to dawdle while outdoors and got to enjoy most of the displays.

The Strike Eagle, Aerostars, Apache and of course the spits were my favourites too.

And great photos Nick!