Duxford 2011 Near Live Thread

Jabo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It won't be the same without the Canadian contingent.

Sure, it will be more fun, and less bitching about the Cdn's drinking booze without chipping in...but there will be no one there get into a row with the German flyers.

Have a blast guys. Don't be stingy on the pictures please.

Painless: mind you manners and respects the other Dogz personal zones. Including their butts. You perv.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I dropped Rox off at the hotel, met Largie.

The guys had gone in search of atmosphere, I think it was cheap alcohol really!

Jabo was awaiting Sweper to land apparently..

I'm sure some drunken drawl will appear here later!

I'm back @ home for the night now.

After a curry and alcohol fuelled night, the Dogz awaken to the sound of Merlins and Pratt and Whitneys and the sweet smell of burning oil.

Hold on... We're not at Duxford yet... The sounds... They're in my head... In anticipation!

The smells? Hmmm....

Well, Time for breakfast, to kickstart the day!!

Oh bollox to this! Saturday morning, the sun is shining. I'm not hangin' around all friggin' day waiting for my brothers and their families to roll up. I'll put the key under the mat.

Right! Camera, binoculars, fags, youngest son? All present and correct.

I want to see some aeroplanes. Vulcan, BoB flight, Seafury, Swordfish, loony Hungarian in his Mig 29, Red Arrows? Yeovilton airday here we come. :thumbsu:

So far we've had a trio of 109s (buchons), a gaggle of spitfires, a trio of skyraiders, the horsemen and other assorted mustangs, bearcat, corsair, b17, Lancaster... Plenty more to come! Oh, and a Dr1 at the moment for all the RofF fans

We all wish the rest of the Dogz were here!

Send pictures of the rain please. Anything!

Rain you say? No prob, Jim. RNAS Yeovilton airshow about four hours ago.

Vulcan

016.jpg

Slightly freaked out by the Vulcan

019.jpg

Big though, innit?

028.jpg

Dunno what it is but I want one

008.jpg

Quick, FT at 12 o'clock low. Shoot!! :laughing7:

003-1.jpg

A good day out with the boy and a bit of a break from stuff too. No substitute for Duxford with the DangerDogz though! Now what are those mangy gits up to I wonder...............................................................................................................................................................................................................?

Currently in a pub called the Empress, first things first- 12 pints of Spitfire please mr barman!

Next... Time for pizza. :-)

Cracking day at DX, too much to mention in one post, expect thousands of pictures from Swep, Jabo, Crash... And everyone else!

• 1. DDz Quorum

Short report of what has been goin'on today, pics ánd details:

Three Spitfires in formation:

post-465-0-10552400-1310258045_thumb.jpg

IL2 Pilot and his rear gunner:

post-465-0-08002800-1310258179_thumb.jpg

Junkers 52:

post-465-0-39100800-1310258359_thumb.jpg

Ánd it took to the air, it's on Video. (Please have patient, within 12 months from now, the Dogz-At-Duxford DVD-set will be released)

post-465-0-07747100-1310258722_thumb.jpg

008.jpg

Yak 52, or the Chinese equivalent thereof, the Nanchang CJ-6, looks like. Decent trainer.

Have a blast, gang! Wish I could join you.

Oh, and RedBull does a beautiful P-38! It's not White Lightning anymore, but I don't think Lefty Gardner would be overly disappointed at its current state.

Junkers 52:

Ánd it took to the air, it's on Video. (Please have patient, within 12 months from now, the Dogz-At-Duxford DVD-set will be released)

Who are all those people? I recognise Fruitbat, Friar and Crash but not the others.

Who taught you how to resize FT? Obviously no one.

• 2. Administrators

Junkers 52:

Who are all those people? I recognise Fruitbat, Friar and Crash but not the others.

Who taught you how to resize FT? Obviously no one.

Centre is Blubear and on the left is Rox.

Oh, yes, just got in - laptop went U/S on Friday so no updates possible - What a bloody fantastic couple of days though - Thanks to all who made such a fantastic time possible, especially the overseas contingent for making the effort to come and visit amd the UK dogz for being just as insane as always. The planes, the beer, the premier of the DDz anthem rewritten especially by Friar after Fenrir had spent absolutely months on it, the beer, the hen party... What a blast!

Oh yes, and there's some pictures as well - Will have them here shortly.

Jabo

• 1. DDz Quorum

Home now and all unpacked. Another great fantastic weekend.

All the guys were brilliant, one of our more recent recruits, Blue Bear played an absolute blinder and I would hereby like to nominate him for the position of Provisions and Logistics He picked a great spot to watch the show, which I am sure will be demonstrated by the pictures Swep, Jabo and Crash took. He was able to book us into a Curry House (which for some reason emptied soon after we arrived), Find a Fish and Chip shop and order Cod and chips for 15!.

Well done Sir.

Saturday night was finished off back at the hotel, I gave a Priory of St Oleg meeting, We sang some songs and Rox produced some Eastern European Fire Water which finished us off (did'nt get to bed till 01:15am, and was NOT the last to leave......)

I more structured report will follow.