NEW DISCORD SERVER DETAILS - SIGN UP NOW - Dogz Members Only Private Thread ×

Activate Smoke Mod

DD_asas

~S~

can any of u gents tell me how to activate that great Smoke mod in the new UP 3 Rc pack?

i've tried both ways, like explained in the REad me file and :thumbsd:

A

Hey Asas, all I needed to do was to create a folder called #UP# in my UP3.0 game folder then copy the Smoke aircraft crashed and the Fire smoke effect folders and paste them into the #UP# folder and they both work when you play the game. It worked for me.

Hye madtrooper,

thx. But tell me.Where do i find the" Smoke aircraft crashed" ? i don't have it...i think i DL the Mod Smoke effect from the Vault, and created a folder called #UP# in my UP3.0 game folder, like u said, but since i don't have the other one u mention, it's not working still.

~S~

The 'fire smoke effect' and the 'smoke plane crashed' mods are independent of one another. As MadTrooper stated you need to put them both in a #UP# folder in your main IL-2 directory. The file structure should look like this C:\Program Files (x86)\IL-2 4.10.1\#UP#\Fire smoke effect. When you are unzipping the mods make sure they are not creating another directory such as \Fire smoke effect\Fire smoke effect\ I know with 7 Zip if I tell it to just extract the files it extracts them to an additional directory 7 Zip creates. If that's not the problem them perhaps you've received corrupted mods and should attempt to download them again or from another source though I doubt that is the problem.

As far as where to get the files goes try using the file browser in teamspeak. If you right click on the channel name once you've joined the dangerdogz teamspeak server you will see an option for file browser. Last time I checked the was a directory in there called IL-2 mods or something like that that contained both of those fire and smoke mods you're looking for.

EUREKAAAAAAA........

done it.

i was " create a folder called #UP# in my UP3.0 game folder then copy the Smoke aircraft crashed and the Fire smoke effect folders and paste them into the #UP# folder and they both..."

as Madtrooper as u gents daid, but ten i always went to MOD enabler to activate the mods...and it never made the intended effect. So, this time i didn't and voilá.....smoke effect.....

thx both.

A

EUREKAAAAAAA........

done it.

i was " create a folder called #UP# in my UP3.0 game folder then copy the Smoke aircraft crashed and the Fire smoke effect folders and paste them into the #UP# folder and they both..."

as Madtrooper as u gents daid, but ten i always went to MOD enabler to activate the mods...and it never made the intended effect. So, this time i didn't and voilá.....smoke effect.....

thx both.

A

I'm glad you got the smoke mods working ASAS :)