Up3.0 Hotfix

Jabo

• 1. DDz Quorum

worked for me...

there was no change on the JSGME like I think it said (I think it said to enable 3c...?) but game started ok, with the new number, etc

I thought, '.....new number'? I needed to check that. I did and it wasn't showing as RC2 after I updated. I looked at what I had enabled via JSGME and I had 'Enable Hakenkreuze' and 'Enable UP3'.

'Enable UP3' was in grey text - I remembered that I had enabled this first and then 'Enable Hakenkreuze' and had a text box telling me that a file.sfs had been overwritten and was I happy with that etc. I said yes.

Tried it the other way around and enabled 'Hakenkreuze' first. Enabled UP3, and the text box pops up asking about the file.sfs. Said yes and this time, 'Enable Hakenkreuze' was in grey.

Started the game and behold, game is now RC2.

Worth bearing in mind that there is a link somewhere between the two that affects UP and the hakenkreuze.

Edit: After running the game I realised that I don't need to 'Enable Hakenkreuze' when using UP3 as it does it for me.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Dunno how I do it or why it does happen to me again, but the very first mission I load to check the running of the RC2 gets messed up pretty badly.

:thumbsd:

The mission is 'Balaton Zerstoerer', the eight 109's that are supposed to be in are all missing, and the 110's who should be ready for take off float at 10m to 200m, as speed 0, and then crash. Can't exit the mission, as the Quit mission button clicks, but does not quit the mission. Looking at the log.lst file, something's wrong while it tries to load the Bf-109G-6Early(hu) stuff....

Can anyone please try and play attached mission, just in Single mission? TIA!

(Put both files that are attached in your Mission/Single/DE/Bf-110G-2 folder, then 'play' the single mission.)

Edit: Think this is related to the Hungarian Regiments/Squadrons.

As soon as I select one of those (like 102 Vadaszosztay or the ones below that) it goes haywire...

Oh dear oh dear, how I hate this mess!!! :angry::angry::sad5:

Balaton_Zerstorer.mis

Balaton_Zerstorer_ru.properties

RC2?

What in heaven's name is an RC2?

I haven't got UP 3.0 installed yet, as the two disc set that BG is sending me have not arrived yet. And I obviously do not have the new patch.

I was already a little confused reading the threads about this secondary launch protocol where you have to pre-set the memory. Now I'm confronted with this RC2 business.

I am glad to hear that the Hakenkreuze is standard.

I hope to try out this marvel soon. :icon_farao:

Dunno how I do it or why it does happen to me again, but the very first mission I load to check the running of the RC2 gets messed up pretty badly.

:thumbsd:

The mission is 'Balaton Zerstoerer', the eight 109's that are supposed to be in are all missing, and the 110's who should be ready for take off float at 10m to 200m, as speed 0, and then crash. Can't exit the mission, as the Quit mission button clicks, but does not quit the mission. Looking at the log.lst file, something's wrong while it tries to load the Bf-109G-6Early(hu) stuff....

Can anyone please try and play attached mission, just in Single mission? TIA!

(Put both files that are attached in your Mission/Single/DE/Bf-110G-2 folder, then 'play' the single mission.)

Edit: Think this is related to the Hungarian Regiments/Squadrons.

As soon as I select one of those (like 102 Vadaszosztay or the ones below that) it goes haywire...

Oh dear oh dear, how I hate this mess!!! :angry::angry::sad5:

Downloaded the mission FT and yep, getting exactly the same as you. No 109's, blow up on runway and can't exit mission! Pity, lots of juicy targets too. :icon_cry:

• 1. DDz Quorum

Thanks for that Arthur!

In the meantime I've discovered my recent Tempest FB II mission on the Western Front map has an issue with the RC2 as well... the airstarting of the player's plane occurs with a stopped engine. One can start it, but the log file shows tons of errors ('exceptions') after that, and after a few minutes the mission and entire game crash.... :(

Just installed the hotfix (at least I think I did). Now how can I tell if it's working.

Me too. Installed it to the basic il2 folder containing the game just like most other stuff. Was not prompted to replace any existing files, so I have no idea if I did it right or not.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Just installed the hotfix (at least I think I did). Now how can I tell if it's working.

Me too. Installed it to the basic il2 folder containing the game just like most other stuff. Was not prompted to replace any existing files, so I have no idea if I did it right or not.

Double click on the JSGME icon on your desktop. Hover your mouse over the '#UP#_Enable_UP3.0' mod. A text box appears and should say 'Activates UP3.0 RC2 Version of game.'. If it doesn't say RC2 then it hasn't updated it.

Cheerzen