Up 3.0 Problems?

Gothkrieger

OK, finished my download last nite. I see some are posting problems with it already, is everybody experiencing problems of one sort or another or is it just a few people? I don’t have much time to fiddle so if this is full of problems I can set it aside till some of it gets sorted out.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine has installed and is running fine. Have only activated the UPS 3 mod in JSGME as yet. I don't think I have widescreen working yet and haven't tried TrackIR but no problems are showing up. I need to tweak the game in nVidia and the config a bit as well.

installed and was crashing to desktop after about 10 secs even when I touch nothing - FIXED I had only activated UP3.0 in JSME and not in the executable selector box that pops up- click change settings and then ultrapack 3 in game type box

Well, when I set the RAM Usage to 1024 and load the Korea mission the game CTD.

When I set the RAM Usage to 256, 512, or 768 I get the Russian Paratrooper Error message.

But when I set the memory to the smallest setting at 128 it loads the Korea mission!! :thumbsd:

I remember myself as well as some others having that same issue with the Korean map when using memory mod exes in 2.01 so I think it may be the map or a compatibility issue between the 2.

As for UP 3.0 all seems alright but it broke my San's FOV changer. It will activate in game but I can't change FOV. If anyone else has this problem or a possible solution let me know as this is a deal breaker for me.

installed and was crashing to desktop after about 10 secs even when I touch nothing - FIXED I had only activated UP3.0 in JSME and not in the executable selector box that pops up- click change settings and then ultrapack 3 in game type box

Thanks Dave...was having same problem till I read yours.

What is the Skyraider under? I don't see it as simply "skyraider"

I am not surprised, I know how you like your San's FOV changer.

Can't live without it. I've been doing quite a bit of modding to my UP 3.0 already and after making a tiny change to my FOV changer it started working again so I don't know exactly what fixed it. I'll tell you this though, many of the mods were as simple as copying them from the old MODS folder to the new #UP# folder though some do require a little more work. I've gotten about a dozen mods installed right now as well as several cockpit and map repaints. Its looking good now and I am a happy camper.

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Chaps,

All seems to be groovy with my install . I had to re assign a few controls which didn't take, that's about all.

Oh yes and the "zoom" facility is not there.

~S~ Painless

In Quick Mission Bulider I can´t launch Solomons_Okt_43. Get error message below, and also another error I forgot.

Works fine for me :) Increase the memory settings when you first launch UP3. Mine is 786meg or something like that.

• 1. DDz Quorum

In Quick Mission Bulider I can´t launch Solomons_Okt_43. Get error message below, and also another error I forgot.

What Crash said, and this from the bug thread at up's forums: "Solution:

Enable expert mode, 4GB address space and 1200MB of memory in the IL2 selector and try again."

Edit: 1200Mb crashes IL2 on my system, so as you're on XP as well, try 1024, and leave the 4GB address space off.

I did try it all, but left 1024 in all settings, otherwise on "red" if go higher. Also tried uncheck Expert Mode. Un-checked 4GB sand tried it checked but same error plus an error that tell me to put a disc in the cd-player.

post-540-0-33815500-1306774712_thumb.jpg

post-540-0-62834000-1306774719_thumb.jpg