24 Hours To Go.

Jediteo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this is good but is it going to make the sim more Historical in behaviour. I have been reading mixed reviews of what is supposed to be coming out. New planes and stuff is fine but if flight and damage models have been toyed with for the sake of "play balance" then its not a move forward and one that I would not likely follow.

• 2. Administrators

Point is, how many people are qualified to say how a P-51 handled vs an Fw190? There will be people who say, "oh, my Spitfire Vb is 10 mph slower in the dive therefore the new FM is porked", but they're only comparing the previous FM with the new one, therefore 'historical accuracy' is something of a misnomer.

All I'm saying is don't write it off before we've seen it, reviews are subjective, the only point of view that matters (to you) is your own.

Compare this with the whiners over at 1c and the Ubi forums when 4.10 introduced 'realistic' bombing - I definitely wanted to shake one or two of them warmly by the throat while yelling "HAVE YOU EVER DROPPED A BOMB FROM A TEMPEST?? NO?? WELL STOP F**KING COMPLAINING THEN!!!"

Jabo

True, true. I am addressing things that exist already like the wings coming off 190s at a dive speed that would not have had the same result in real documented life. We don't need any more stuff like that. Yes things can be debatable away from documentation, though that don't exist for every issue. I vote for documentation, not play balance.

I am amazed at times with all the effort that goes into making a sim, a good one anyways and I am grateful for that.

Yeah your right, I can't hop into a Tempest, but this is where I hope to experience the next best thing otherwise I should go brush off Chuck Yeager's Air Combat.

Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet,

Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet, Is it done yet,

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES

• 1. DDz Quorum

Whether UP3 is historically modelled or not I do not think meritorious of debate.

If the Dogz adopt it then to fly with us you have to accept it.

HSFX can of course also be installed (the two can be combined and switched) so historical connoisseurs can indulge off line or with like minded souls.

Ultimately the Dogz is about comradeship in a shared passion, and accuracy I think is of secondary importance.

• 2. Administrators

All this is good but is it going to make the sim more Historical in behaviour. I have been reading mixed reviews of what is supposed to be coming out. New planes and stuff is fine but if flight and damage models have been toyed with for the sake of "play balance" then its not a move forward and one that I would not likely follow.

Point is, how many people are qualified to say how a P-51 handled vs an Fw190? There will be people who say, "oh, my Spitfire Vb is 10 mph slower in the dive therefore the new FM is porked", but they're only comparing the previous FM with the new one, therefore 'historical accuracy' is something of a misnomer. All I'm saying is don't write it off before we've seen it, reviews are subjective, the only point of view that matters (to you) is your own.Compare this with the whiners over at 1c and the Ubi forums when 4.10 introduced 'realistic' bombing - I definitely wanted to shake one or two of them warmly by the throat while yelling "HAVE YOU EVER DROPPED A BOMB FROM A TEMPEST?? NO?? WELL STOP F**KING COMPLAINING THEN!!!"

True, true. I am addressing things that exist already like the wings coming off 190s at a dive speed that would not have had the same result in real documented life. We don't need any more stuff like that. Yes things can be debatable away from documentation, though that don't exist for every issue. I vote for documentation, not play balance. I am amazed at times with all the effort that goes into making a sim, a good one anyways and I am grateful for that. Yeah your right, I can't hop into a Tempest, but this is where I hope to experience the next best thing otherwise I should go brush off Chuck Yeager's Air Combat.

Ah, thought this might happen. My mini-rant was not aimed at you Mr. Krieger, rather the numpties on other forums who feel it's perfectly acceptable to burn precious minutes of my life with their inane witterings. It's like murder with a very, very tiny knife.

Jabo

P.S. Time spent reading the posts here on the other hand is not like murder in the 1,000,000th degree as they are erudite, cogent and AGREE WITH ME.

I started mine at 8.30am this morning.

I'm now at 67% as of 6.00pm!

At one time I was getting a D/L speed of 330kbps, now it is a consistent and lowly 5kbps!

Estimated time of completion 4 days... :thumbsd: