new card installed

new memory installed

stress tested with kamikaze track for 1 hour full effects 1680*1020 - breezed it

ran CloD

and

shot_20110407_202726.jpg

shot_20110407_210057.jpg

its fucking worse , it looks like a windows 98 game

I even installed the patch and no better

I have tried 3 different drivers and no better

tried every other game I have and they run like a dream

so I have spent a shit load of money on a coaster and new equipment and still cant play the fucking thing

Ik away to get a few whiskeys down my throat and try to calm down

• 1. DDz Quorum

Geez Dave I bet you must be really pissed, at the game, not the whiskey ;)

too am not planning on buying the game any time soon, I actually think that I may not be able to play it at all....Long live UltaPak (UP3.0 coming soon I believe....:) )

Sorry to hear it Dave,

I am also one of those who in no way or shape am in a position to play this sim with my current rig.

And I can not justify a new rig for this early release and it's current growing pains. If I had money flow out my butt, then maybe. Although I think I would go on youtube if that was happening :laughing7:

I'm certainly going to wait.

My rig is on the lower end of the spectrum to begin with. I'm running XP, so apparently a lot of the Eye Candy will not run. I was hoping that having dual 8800 GTXs in SLI would help, but now I see that SLI is not supported.

Force Feedback has been out more than a decade. SLI has been out since 2006. Neither are supported by what was supposed to be the Ultimate in Flight Simulators.

I'm with Friar, Long Live UltraPak

If they don't get their *excrement* together by the time of the North American release, they're going to get killed by the game review sites.

So far Check6 and that German review site have been very fair in the circumstances (basically stating that this is a prematurely released sim with promise and holding off on in-depth reviews to let 1C get a decent patch out) but I don't think 1C can expect to be treated with kid-gloves for much longer...

Sorry to hear of your troubles D7... it must be insanely exasperating.

The only thing I can suggest is to give Rise of Flight a try if you haven't already :)

With your new rig components RoF should really shine. It looks great on my obsolescent E8400 + crossfired 4850s + 2 gig Ram machine and that's with most of the graphics settings on medium.

Best wishes,

C_G

new card is asus-engtx460-top which replaced a innio3d 8800GT. The 8800 ran the game fine graphically but very low frame rates. Should have been a straight replacement with drivers but I have tried 3 different drivers, cleaning out the old ones each time, with no joy

I have tried the beta patch as well and this did not help

I have submitted a report to Nvidia

DXDIAG

Time of this report: 4/8/2011, 17:12:11

Machine name:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.080814-1233)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: System manufacturer

System Model: System Product Name

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 3326MB RAM

Page File: 922MB used, 4286MB available

Windows Dir: F:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Music Tab: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

DirectX Debug Levels

--------------------

Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)

DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)

DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)

DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)

DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)

DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)

DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GTX 460

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0E22&SUBSYS_835C1043&REV_A1

Display Memory: 768.0 MB

Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: SyncMaster 2233RZ

Monitor Max Res: 1680,1050

Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0012.6099 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 10/16/2010 19:55:00, 6359552 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

VDD: n/a

Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys

Mini VDD Date: 10/16/2010 19:55:00, 9623680 bytes

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4D62-11CF-2064-50A300C2CB35}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x0E22

SubSys ID: 0x835C1043

Revision ID: 0x00A1

Revision ID: 0x00A1

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D

Deinterlace Caps: {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

Registry: OK

DDraw Status: Enabled

D3D Status: Enabled

AGP Status: Enabled

DDraw Test Result: Not run

D3D7 Test Result: Not run

D3D8 Test Result: Not run

D3D9 Test Result: Not run

• 2. Administrators

game runs shit on windows xp unfortunately, no matter what hardware you throw at it, it doesn't like direct x9, needs to be on direct x10 which means vista or win7.

course, it would be more accurate to say it runs less shit on vista64/win7.

Ummm.....yep. I'm having exactly the same problems as Dave on my XP system. The longest I've had it running without crashing is approx. forty minutes by setting up a single 'plane over the channel and putting it on autopilot! :icon_cry:

If I set up a dogfight on QMB it just crashes as soon as I open fire. My last option is installing Win7 64bit (cheers Jabo :thumbsu: ) if that don't work then I'm just gonna sit it out and see what becomes of it.

They've shot themselves in the foot with the Steam link up.IL-2's reputation has given them access to a much bigger market than a niche product like a flight sim would normally enjoy but like Angus has pointed out, the sh1t is really gonna hit the fan if it ain't sorted soon and it's released like this in North America!!!

Has Oleg really left the building?

• 1. DDz Quorum

XP here, and having Clod running with some issues. Crashes. Lock ups.

That Beta patch has halved the otherwise acceptable FPS...

Have attached contents of Log.Txt, interesting messages in there... :icon_puke_r:

The result of simply starting op the London Attack, Ju88, activating Autopilot immediately when in cockpit.

Org log.txt

Apparently the game does not work on XP and directX 9 very well. Which is quite unfortunate, but XP has to die someday.

While I agree that XP is old , it is still used by a lot of gamers and folk who like to run lean systems. Vista had a very bad rep when it came out so many chose not to run it. Windows 7 seems to be good but there is no direct upgrade from XP so it would be a clean install , then reinstall all my software, all for one game.

I cant afford to throw any more money at this , I might get windows7 and a new hard drive at christmas and go a dual boot if they sort it out by then but I really dont know what they have been doing for 6 years so I arnt very hopeful about this.

I am sorry for rants but I think Im computer savvy and have spent a lot of time trying to work out the structure of this damned thing and seeing what others have tried and it just sucks that it has been put out in this state when a lot of folk have waited for it and supported it by buying it.

I had suspicions about the state of it , no press release, no store release, no review copies etc. If Id spent 6 years developing the next best thing I would have wanted to shout it from the rooftops, but was prepared to give it a chance.

My advice to all here is dont buy it. Wait and see and hope that they act on the feedback and get it sorted.

Cold Gambler is right , if they think the freedback is bad just now just wait until the USA release, they are going to get crucified and a lot of folk are going to want their money back.

• 1. DDz Quorum
I am sorry for rants but I think Im computer savvy and have spent a lot of time trying to work out the structure of this damned thing and seeing what others have tried and it just sucks that it has been put out in this state when a lot of folk have waited for it and supported it by buying it.

+1

My advice to all here is dont buy it.

Do buy it... it'll be the only chance of it ever getting much better... what technical state it is in now, I can't tell... but I can tell there's still lots of work to be done. Lots!

And they can only do it if it sells sufficiently...

Basically, try and see it this way: here's a chance for us all to support the team that has given us so much in the past years... reward them for it... and if they get sufficiently rewarded, we might get some more out of it as well...

• 2. Administrators

'Don't buy it if you have win XP', as it needs direct x10, would be pretty fair.

Also unless you have a 4 series nvidia card or above accept it isn't go to play well at all...

• 1. DDz Quorum

Look at it another way..

..buy it and put the cost down to paying for all those patches and mods you now have with IL2.

You will get the added bonus of a really nice BoB sim eventually too ;)

Delta, PM me, I have a way you can get a really cheap copy of 7 (totally legit too).

Jabo

You can get a cheap copy of Win7 if you are a student at a college or university, or know someone that is a student at a college or univesity. Microsoft sells several editions to student for about 29.99 USD. You just need an email adress that ends with .edu

This too is completely legitimate, one copy per .edu email address.

Or, many universities and colleges allow their students and faculty to purchase Windows7 from their tech department.(I am a graduate student, yes even at the age of 43 I still like to learn...although my wife says that I never do...now I wonder what she means by that? ;) )

For U.S. residents:

http://www.microsoft.com/student/en/us/software/windows/default.aspx

For U.K. residents:

http://www.microsoft.com/student/en/gb/windows/buynow/default.aspx

Hope this helps

David

in honesty, win XP is a dead duck now anyway, no point having it.

I’m at work, helping to fight the War on Terror (or whatever we are calling it this week). I am using a U.S. Government computer which runs on XP.

Are you seriously suggesting that the U.S. Government would equip me with anything but the finest possible product available? ;)

Look at it another way..

..buy it and put the cost down to paying for all those patches and mods you now have with IL2.

You will get the added bonus of a really nice BoB sim eventually too ;)

I’ve got to agree with Rog and FT on this.

I’m going to buy it pretty much on blind faith.

Over the years, we’ve all been the recipients of patch after patch, that included a virtual cornucopia of FREE new content. Aircraft, missions, maps and flight models , anything and everything and all for free. So, I’m willing to invest in what everyone seems to agree is a game with tremendous potential.

And it’s also not like 1C threw the game out the door and then walk away from it. Oleg has been on the 1C forum telling folks that a quick patch was on the way and a bigger patch was planned in a month or so. At the same time, Luther has posted about the BETA Patch that is being released, and he goes out of his way to emphasize that it is a BETA.

I sense that I’m going to be treated in a honest and forthright fashion.

And to be brutally honest, the price of the game itself is peanuts compared to the expense of bringing my gaming rig up to CloD requirements.

I’m not a computer whiz, so I have a Dell XPS 720. I’ve heard many times that Dells are difficult to upgrade, but it appears that I can swap my two GTX 8800s out for two GTX 470s, because Dell will sell them to me. But until the game supports SLI, that does me very little good.

This operating system problem is another matter. I’m currently running XP, which the game allegedly supports. Now I suppose I could purchase Win 7, and I might even figure out how to install it. But that is a pretty daunting task for a computer illiterate like me. Plus what happens to your old files? Do you have to download and save them to an external drive? Is it then difficult to load them back into Win 7? Will I have to reload every game and peripheral device from scratch?

Then there is the Force Feedback issue (which really P!sses me off). Right now the game does not support it and I have heard nothing from 1C that indicates they are even working on it. I’m also not sure if my M$ FF2 will even work with Win 7.

Then there is the 32 bit vs. the 64 bit. I don’t even know enough about this to ask the right questions. Is this just a software issue or is it a software/hardware issue?