A Few Problems...

Bucky

I've had my new computer for 5 days now,and here's my problems.

1) My track ir 4 sensor won't work.I've tried every usb port and I get a "drivers weren't installed successfully" message.I've install\uninstall repeatedly and it no work.

2) TS 3 is telling me my mike is disabled.It works when I do the voice test only.

There's a few more but I'd like to get these ones fixed first.

The driver thing is just a security thing built into windows vista and 7, I would recommend disabling user activated control (UAC). It is under your Control panel>Users and the "UAC settings". I always disable UAC within 5 minutes of installing windows.

After installing drivers Windows will ask you if they are correctly installed, just states yes when the message comes up and it should work.

As for TrackIR, are you trying to install the 5 software, it works with Tir4 as well.

If you want we can help you via TS, even if you have to respond in the chat.

• 1. DDz Quorum

With Windows 7 always right click the installer and select 'Run as Administrator'

Ditto when you run the app, you can modify the shortcut and select it to use 'Elevated Privileges'.

I found this to be the case with my CH software too, as it emulates a keyboard Win 7 neutered it.

WIth TiR I was unable to get it to centre the view unitl I modified the shortcut ;)

I can't get these damn things to work and I'm sick of trying now.

Hopefully I'll have my old rig online this weekend and maybe somebody could talk me through this stuff on ts.

...why the heck did I get windows 7 anyway? :angry:

thanks for the help so far guys.

• 2. Administrators

I'm sure these are just teething problems Bucky. I've yet to find any real showstoppers with Win 7 so I'm certain we can sort this. I think the best approach would be to set up a remote desktop session with one of the guys here who can spend a bit of time with you and help you through. I suggest you hop on to TS (using your old rig) on a flying night and see who's about.

I'll be happy to assist you if I can.

Jabo

Likewise Bucky, i've been running Win7 for over a year now and have had little to no problems running all my older applications from when I was using XP.

I'm usually on TS a few times a week anyway but if you're needing some help sometime this weekend feel free to drop me a PM and i'd be happy to log on and help you out.

I use LogMeIn for remote access, I find it stable, secure and simple to use. I used it to help my Father in Ireland get setup with his new PC also on Win7 running IL-2 and Track IR.