Forum Woes

Mayhem

Sometimes after typing out a reply to a post I am hitting the post button and the forum brings me back to the title screen with no trace of my reply anywhere. Its very frustrating after typing a lengthy reply to have it just vanish into thin air. Any idea what is going on with that?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Does not ring a bell here...

(It's rather the opposite, I find when something goes wrong while typing up a post, -wheather it's in here or on a different form- Opera has saved me several times, by using the back button, not only saving the trace of visited pages, but also saving texts entered as well)

Here's a tip when typing long posts, and before you attempt to 'post' it, try pressing ctrl-a, ctrl-c.

At least the text you typed will still be on the clipboard if something gets messed up....

Not come across this either..

What browser are you using?

I usually use Chrome..

Firefox, it's just that 3 times in a row today I typed a reply and hit post only to have my message vanish. Isn't usually a problem but I finally got it to post hitting the quote button and typing in my reply.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hmm. Performance here is not brilliant, another reason why I am keen to move us off the server here.

Possible that there was a database time out, nothing in the logs to that effect, but it has been known more than once or twice in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually type up my post in notepad so I can save it and come back later if I get sidetracked before I finish then copy and paste it. I generally find my posts don't seem to appear for me until I have left the forum and returned or refreshed.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Really weird..

I have never had a problem with this software of that nature, my posts always appear instantly when I post them!

Can you give some more detail, as this may indicate a bug?

What browser are you using?

Typically how much time lapses between your starting your post and hitting the post button?

I will have a look at your settings too.