Wot's Going On 'ere Then?

DD_Arthur

I seem to have lost the anti-aliasing in my game. It's all very jaggy. Can't think why. I haven't fiddled with anything..............except, I've been using the Trackir 5 software as I've found it smoother than version four. I seem to recall there was a conflict between version five and IL-2 to do with anti-aliasing so I've just deleted this version but I've still got jaggies. Also, last week Rise of Flight had an update which I think did some sort of Direct-X update also. Would that effect IL-2? It runs on open-gl.

Any ideas? I'm a bit stuck. Have Nvidia control panel and N-hancer if needed.

• 1. DDz Quorum

It may just need a tweek, I've found that occasionally settings need to be re-established following changes to other non-related programmes. Couple of things to try.

Try redirecting the Nvidia control panel to your game 'il2fb.exe' by adding it again via the control panel, that may do it.

Open up 'il2 setup' and check the video setting panel. Are you using custom settings or are you selecting a specific card? If the latter you should be able to select 'Nvidia 6xxx....9xxxx'. This was introduced a couple of years back on an 'il2 setup' configuration file that came with a selection of .dlls that dealt with shimmering and jaggie issues with Nvidia cards. It required manual installation though......

I have jaggie-free joy with the following:

Anisotropic filtering - Application controlled

Antialiasing game correction - On

AA mode mode - Overide

AA setting - 8x

AA transparency - 4x supersampling

Aha, got it sorted. Found anti-aliasing turned off in nvidia control panels global settings. Dunno what did that but it's all running beautifully again. :thumbsu:

Edit; 'Twas using Trackir 5 software and interface that did away with the settings. Pity really as it seems to run my trackir 4 just that little bit smoother. Never mind.

Aha, got it sorted. Found anti-aliasing turned off in nvidia control panels global settings. Dunno what did that but it's all running beautifully again. :thumbsu:

Edit; 'Twas using Trackir 5 software and interface that did away with the settings. Pity really as it seems to run my trackir 4 just that little bit smoother. Never mind.

There's a beta set of version 5 drivers at Naturalpoint - give them a go.

salute

B