Getting Fed Up Wearing The Trackir Hat..

Friar

• 2. Administrators

I've got the trackclip and love it, it seems to work regardless of the ambient light levels, even working with the sun directly on the sensor.

The lead did tangle with the headphone wire til I cable tied them together. Voila!

I found the LED's to be more reliable in varying light, like if you have a window in the room.

Never need to adjust the sensitivity of the camera.

I'm using a Freetrack setup with LED's mounted on the headset - flawless. I sort of duplicated a hat style orientation without the hat.

Should be some pics here someplace in a "your IL2 rig" thread, not that it will help you any. Freetrack can also use a side mounted thing, I assume it's the same as a clip.

As long as your sensitivity is high enough that you don't mask any LED's with your face it should work.

post-501-0-50089700-1297551736_thumb.jpg

Friar,

If you really have the £40 to spare, get it. I have mine attached to my headphones and so it's just one simple task to get set up to play. Sure there's some extra cables, but they're just bundled along with the headset's cables.

As others said, you never have to worry about the ambient light or whatever is behind you. Just switch it on and go, no messing about.