Test Your Pc Against Il2 -Cod Spec

• 1. DDz Quorum

"It should run on your computer, but you may have to play at a low resolution and/or turn down visual settings for acceptable performance. To improve the experience, note that...

Your computer has a dual core processor. A quad core processor is recommended.

Your video card has 960 MB video card memory. A video card with at least 1,024 MB is recommended.

The overall performance of your processor and video card is below the recommended requirements.

The performance of your processor is below the recommended requirements."

Oh dear...

Came back with. "Sorry couldn't analyse your system"

We are sorry, the Game-o-Meter is unable to calculate a performance estimate for your computer.

It is unable to determine how well IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover runs on your system. This may be because:

- Your processor or your video card is a very new model

- Your computer has a processor and video card combination that is very rare

- Or your processor or your video card is very old

If your system is new, this problem should resolve itself automatically as more data is submitted. Please try again in a few days.

Sorry, the Game-o-Meter estimates that the overall performance of your system is under the publisher’s minimum requirements. Even though your computer has all the required hardware features the performance is estimated to be poor, even at the lowest possible visual settings.

• Insufficient video card performance is the most likely cause.

Hey ho - just what I thought.

I too get:

We are sorry, the Game-o-Meter is unable to calculate a performance estimate for your computer.

It is unable to determine how well IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover runs on your system. This may be because:

- Your processor or your video card is a very new model

- Your computer has a processor and video card combination that is very rare

- Or your processor or your video card is very old

If your system is new, this problem should resolve itself automatically as more data is submitted. Please try again in a few days.

I'm at work, so I can't test it. But unless this thing actually does some rendering and processor loading, I'd not hold much thought on it. It sounds like its just comparing parts and pieces of hardware to a list of acceptable items. You can do that by reading the forums, and seeing the specs required on the box.. Lets see once we get ahold of the software, then we will truly know.

Ok so I'm home now.

This is what mine got.

Well for some reason it won't let me upload the pic. I'll photo bucket it then.

system.jpg

• 1 month later...

My Gaming Rig is in Cairo and I'm still stuck in Kuwait City. So I have no way of using this test mechanism.

I'm also not what you would call computer literate, so what I would like to do is give you all my systems specifications and see what you think.

I've got a four year old Dell XPS 720 H2O, which was supposed to be a fairly decent rig when I bought it. So while I'm sure that it is no longer cutting edge technology, I am hoping that it might fall within the Recommend range of performance for Cliffs of Dover.

I've got a Intel Core 2 Extreme processor QX6700 at 3.46 GHz with QuadCore.

4GB of DDR2 SDRAM

Dual NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX set up in a SLI

Dual 160GB 10,000 RPM Hard Drives set up as a RAID 0

So please give me your honest opinions. Am I at the upper end of Minimum Specifications or the lower end of Recommended?

The Game-o-Meter opined:

"Two tin cans connected by a wet string can transfer information faster than your system. Please try not to share your system information with others as ridicule may ensue"

Everyone has got to be a critic, I get no respect!

;)

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hmm. Needs a lot of salt this...

post-284-0-05622600-1301849085_thumb.png

My 4870... and I can run at high settings!

No way...

Mind you the bugs in this sim, I find my CH Controls are near useless as COD doesn't register the axis changes for quite some time.

So unimportant things like throttle, pitch, mixture changes etc register minutes later (and some times not at all)..