Cliffs Of Dover Announcement

• 2. Administrators

I agree Perf, I'll likely have to upgrade to get the most of of COD, but I'll sit tight until I see how it runs on my rig before dashing out to buy new kit (except 8GB of DDR3 which will arrive on Monday - rofl)

Jabo

Not to spread negative vibes but I really hope the fire and explosion effects look better in the final product than they do in the trailer :) Compared to the ultra-awesome cockpits and their lighting the fire and explosions look at least 4 years old...

Can't wait.

Not a factor for me. When fires and explosions happen, it's usually my aircraft involved and I'm busy bailing out....

I agree Perf, I'll likely have to upgrade to get the most of of COD, but I'll sit tight until I see how it runs on my rig before dashing out to buy new kit (except 8GB of DDR3 which will arrive on Monday - rofl)

Jabo

As I sit here googling and comparing framerates between my pretty much high end 775 system and the newer sockets, I'm starting to think that the only upgrade I REALLY need right now possibly for CoD(using RoF as reference), might be just another graphics card. I get steady 60FPS in RoF already, almost maxed out at 1920x1200, so most definitely, I'm gonna grab another beer and wait.

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Chaps,

I guess I'll just have to turn many of the whistles and bells off when I insert this "Stormy Cliff BoB the White Russian" disc into my duel brain inane machine ?

With such a long wait and such a huge build up of expectation I'm sure there will be certain aspects that dissapoint . Its a good job that we are easy to please !! LOL

~S~ Quadcoreless.

I only wish I could get my hands on it a bit sooner than the rest... that way I could try and be 'prepared' to offer some kind of support on the Ubi tech forums...

Oh well...

I agree, that would be very nice. I really liked having the DCS: A10c Beta available the past few months. Even though I have been playing other games more, at least I know my system can run it pretty well and also see what it has to offer.

I also don't want to be negative and I can't wait to get my paws on it but...

This is the weirdest announcement yet from Ubi/1C...

I personally have doubts as to whether this is going to be released anywhere near the March 11th date.

I mean, I really do hope it will, but the video is a collage of WiP videos we've already seen; Oleg's most recent cryptic comment (from the interview posted on Sukhoi.ru) was "it's 90% done with 10% left but the last 10% is the most difficult to do". There's been no indication that it has gone Beta... and yet they intend on releasing it in less than eight weeks?

It doesn't add up for me. Either this is further along then we've been told, or that release date is going to be pushed back methinks.

• 2. Administrators

"it's 90% done with 10% left but the last 10% is the most difficult to do"

Sounds a bit like the old project management adage, "the first 90% of a project takes 90% of the available time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time."

Oh well, it'll be out sometime, and having waited this long, another month or two won't make much difference.

Jabo

• 2 weeks later...

Im not sure if I can afford this right away

Im on what is probably minimum specs just now - dual core 2.6 pentium, 8800GT card and 2GB ram with windows XP

reading the info available so far I will probably need the game, new graphics card, more memory and windows 7 64 to get it to run so thats around £250 , then there is the hassle of a new Operating System install so Ill wait until I see how others get on and see what I need to upgrade to get decent results

Cor, check this out! From todays CoD update over on the banana forums;

Yer man is flying a Hurricane ( about as well as I do) and attacking some Stukas. Note the fantastic 6DoF of his TrackIr and all that light and shade through the cockpit. At 1.30 he gets bored flying the Hurri and switches to an external view of a Stuka. At 1.40 he presses the F1 key and Hey Presto! he's flying the Stuka! :goodjob:

I don't care if it's only got a few planes on it's release. CoD can only get better and better. Better start saving up for that Quad Core though. :icon_cry:

Agree, SH3 and 4 are great. +1 on the grey wolves, makes it into a sim rather than a game. Just a word of warning, your XO kinda stares at you in quite a peculiar way.

The SH3 community used to be fun, I have quite fond memories of the reports of one First officer Socko and his captain Smitlack.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My link

At last a half decent review with some great screenies, just bear with the Russian translation;

Thanks for sharing Arthur. Nice pics in deed. That Video Options interface reminds me a bit of the ROF options !

MT

Thanks Arthur,

Very promising indeed. The rig the reviewer used is quite similar to my own in specs, so it's nice to know I won't HAVE to upgrade immediately.

I also like that he states that it's a stable build, even though it's not the final one.

It's a little difficult to be 100% sure, but it seems that (at higher experience levels at least), the gunners are still snipers and continue firing even when the aircraft is on fire.

Cheers,

C_G