Cliffs Of Dover Announcement

Oh no Kimo, I hardly think the Norwegian government would let me handle such things, my megalomania would probably overcome my calm exterior. Last time I had access to a chemical lab I was halfway through developing nuclear capability.

Not to spread negative vibes but I really hope the fire and explosion effects look better in the final product than they do in the trailer :) Compared to the ultra-awesome cockpits and their lighting the fire and explosions look at least 4 years old...

Can't wait.

Not to spread negative vibes but I really hope the fire and explosion effects look better in the final product than they do in the trailer :) Compared to the ultra-awesome cockpits and their lighting the fire and explosions look at least 4 years old...

Can't wait.

Yeah, I know what you mean Rox. Of course it could be due to your geforce 8600gt card. Now if you had a better card I'm sure it would look wonderful. I've been PM'ing you. Here and over at the 'zoo......................................................... :laughing7:

Lies :(

Edit: oh no, sorry, noticed the pm on Ubi now :) But not here, though it could be my complete inability to use this forum properly since I keep getting lost within its infinite hi-tech features....

Here's looking forward for a new card so the fire and explosions in the CoD trailer look more realistic!

Sorry for being so dense, but what the heck is this?? :blink:

Is this Storm of War renamed to Cliffs of Dover? Or is this some new sim...

Storm of war is now Cliffs of Dover. Dont know whos idea it was Please keep up Snacko! :bg:

• 1. DDz Quorum

Do you think we'll get a discount for a bulk order from UBI? I mean, we will require 2 discs each for use and backup purposes won't we........?

:unsure: My god, what if my 'playing' one gets damaged...I'll need to use the backup so I won't have a spare....better make it 3.....

Better build another shelf.....

JANE! Garden work is suspended..... :o

PS I actually think the cloth map is for another purpose :laughing7:

• 2. Administrators

They do do pre-orders m8, but not for every game. In any case if you're after the collectors edition, I think that's only available from the ubishop.

Jabo

PS it's not on play or amazon yet.

So I have been out of the loop... but this Cliffs of Dover is Storm of War re-named!?!?! Good lord it looks crap, for how many years of development! I thought it was a little in-between release for the old IL-2. Even though it sounds stupid to have IL-2 : Cliffs of Dover AND then Storm of War : Battle of Britain coming out later.

But some of the graphics in that trailer looked dated, especially the objects on the water. I guess Oleg couldn't be arsed working on it further and just chucked it out?

Need more vids.

Oleg dose seem to move in a slightly mysterious way. Untile very recently he was giving the impression that although the bulk of the work was probably done there was an awful lot of tweaking, testing and debugging to do and all the stuff shown on Fridays was said to be work in progress. Suddenly there was an apparent leak, denials and a rushed launch announcement full of inacuracys and typos and much confusion.His team have been working on the project for 6 years? Surely they could come up with better promotional material than the video put out containing stuff thats been kicking around the forums and Utube for ages including the cliffs with trees at the base. I'm sure the game will be brilliant but I get the feeling something odd has happened somewhere.

• 2. Administrators

Personally, I'd rather they spent their time getting the game sorted as opposed to messing about with promotional material. Bear in mind that we've been waiting for this for 6 years and have been watching developments closely but new and prospective players wouldn't know the difference. It's unfortunate about the errors, but if the leak hadn't happened maybe the situation would have been different.

Jabo