BluBear

2011 Calendar Poll  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested?

• Roger that! Count me in.
    • Not that bothered, meh
    • Negative.

S! guys,

I was thinking of putting together a 2011 desktop background calendar for my own personal benefit, using 12 of my favourite screenshots i've taken from IL2,

but I've since had an even better idea!...

Here's the plan:

- I design a kick-ass DangerDogz calendar for 2011 featuring the best screenshots submitted by all of you.

- I'll design it to be available in the most common screen resolutions as voted by you guys.

- It'll be available for download here of course.

- I could even have them printed (I work in print, and will get good rates :thumbsu:) and you could buy one for your wall!

(I could donate any profits to DD server/ts3 costs)

Before sending me any screenies we'll see if there's general interest.

So there you have it chaps, if you are keen please cast your vote!

We could also see this as a bit of a competition to shoot your best screenshot! Remember there are only 12 places. ;)

*******************************************************************************************************************************

UPDATE 27.11.10

Ok guys, it looks like there's enough interest in the calendar to make it a go go!

So I will outline the provisional requirements:

1. Screenshots must reflect the aeroplanes that DangerDogz fly (see Friar's post)

2. Minor Doctoring/Photoshopping allowed, but we still want it to look like the game we know and love.

3. Please supply JPG files with low compression taken and kept at the highest resolution you can run. (ie. 1600x1200)

4. Deadline for all entries is Christmas Eve (Fri 24th December).

Details of a printed version will become available nearer the time.

I hope this suits everyone!

If you have any further suggestion, please let me know.

*******************************************************************************************************************************

UPDATE 11.02.11

First background finally available!

February is ready to download in a variety of display resolutions on the vault.

Thumbnail and link on my latest post on p3 of this thread.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1. DDz Quorum

I simply refuse to pose half-naked.

That worries me, a lot.

Jedi did not state his stance on any other levels of nakedness, like three-quarters, fully or whatever..

I like the sound of the calendar idea too!

• 1. DDz Quorum

I like the idea,

to get it actually printed would be cool with dates on. The dogz logo must be on each page (leaving off the bit about pussies though!)

for a dogz calendar I think it should be representative of what we fly, so perhaps shots of..

Spit

p38

p51

wildcat/hellcat

zero

il2

gladiator

stuka

b25

la5

Not much time left so lets get cracking...

Friar

I like the idea,

to get it actually printed would be cool with dates on. The dogz logo must be on each page (leaving off the bit about pussies though!)

for a dogz calendar I think it should be representative of what we fly, so perhaps shots of..

Spit

p38

p51

wildcat/hellcat

zero

il2

gladiator

stuka

b25

la5

Not much time left so lets get cracking...

Friar

:iagree:

Totally agree Friar, and of course it'll be 'branded' up, proud to be a Dog :thumbsu:

My original post will now be amended to show requirements and further details.

• 2. Administrators

hmm, hellcat you say,

i have a 1920*1200 version of this, which is my desktop.

It looks like it's trailing thunderstorms :D

its all the tears of all the Japanese that have been slain by the hellcat :crazysmile:

We print calendars where I work. Google Truprint or Snapfish and you should get to a website where you upload your pictures into any number of templates and your calender is printed and posted back to you. Never done it myself but I've worked there about 4 years and printed thousands of the things.

Looking good guys, keep them coming!

We print calendars where I work. Google Truprint or Snapfish and you should get to a website where you upload your pictures into any number of templates and your calender is printed and posted back to you. Never done it myself but I've worked there about 4 years and printed thousands of the things.

Same here mate ;), i'll do a custom design for the Dogz though... 'cos we're worth it' :thumbsu:

my close friend (yes i have friends to) prints all kind of pictures and calendars. i'll ask hem for a price. do we have a size of that calendar?

I was likely going to spec it as A3 portrait wire-bound.

Like i've said previously, I work in the industry in design and production and have all the facilities available to me first hand.

I can also negotiate good rates. :thumbsu: