Epic Mds Madness With Mayhem....pt.5

DD_Fenrir

• 1. DDz Quorum

We climb in a full power 180 degree turn which pulls us up under their bellies - I ran outta 20mm after that last 109, but the .50s should do fine as long as I concentrate the burst in some sensitive spots....

grab0071.jpg

Which is precisely what happens! Lead is down!

grab0075.jpg

I rudder over and slot in behind No. 2, blasting his port engine clean off and causing him to rear up wildly, all engines stopped.

grab0076.jpg

He careens through the formation almost collecting No.3 en route!

grab0077.jpg

Mayhem, despite the flak damage makes short work of No. 4...

grab0078.jpg

He overshoots No. 3 giving me time to slip in behind...

grab0079.jpg

And after nearly colliding with both the dismembered wing of the 52 and Mayhem who'd come back in for a closer look, things settle down and the wreckage of the final member of that ill-fated flight of Junkers marks a fiery descent through the early evening sky.

grab0080.jpg

A fast cruise back to base and Mayhem lands - before I get a chance to buzz him he respawns, so I give him some of the ol' Fenrir treatment there!

grab0081.jpg

After which a prompt turn onto finals then... touchdown! Well, with a slight bounce I confess...

grab0082.jpg

And so with engines off, and the Allison's clicking, ticking and popping as they cool, a relieved and not somewhat chuffed Fenrir takes stock.

grab0083.jpg

Fantastic mission, thanks to Mayhem for his company and assistance! And thanks to TOAD for hosting an awesome server!

Hope you enjoyed reading folks!

*Postscript*: Although I didn't see either of the 2 Bf110s I attacked go down, the server awarded me full kills for both. The Focke-Wulf who's wing I blew off but 150m in front of me and who's smoking remains I saw spattered on a forested hill-side? The server awards me a probable! Go figure.... :rolleyes:

Back to Part 1 if ya like. Thanks for viewing

Well done chaps, fantastic work.

Some lovely screens there Fen, nicely composed helping to depict the 'heat' of the situations you two were in!

It's only a shame I couldn't have joined you in another fork-tail, next time maybe!

Nice job guys!

Thanks for the plug.

The server wouldn't be as much fun as it is if not for our Mission builders also.

Salute men!

I took the liberty to edited the threads to have a continue link at the bottom of your post M8.

Your more than welcome to re-post this on the server's General discussion forum alo.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Thanks Toad, the link at the bottom of the threads is a great idea, shoulda thought of it myself!

I'll also post in the server forum....

Thanks for the kind words chaps, just wanted to share the adventure and showcase the power of teamwork that really brings these missions alive.

Happy flying all!