Duxford 2011 Accommodation Requirements

Sid

• 1. DDz Quorum

I don't have the need of a credit card so I never bothered with one, what are my options regarding payment?

Now there's a thing.

Not only do we share a birthday (separated by a few years perhaps) but neither of us possesses a credit card! (wow a lot of 'ss' in that word).

Used to have several, paid the bastards off because temptation tempts, and I'm a sucker for temptation.

But at 18%+ interest it is a mugs game if you lack the discipline (as I do) to only use what you can pay off each month.

Soul destroying innocuous appearing pieces of plastic, that are there to enslave you if you give in to the temptation - 'I'll sneak a couple of extra cookies out of the jar this month, can soon pay them back if I live to 150'.

Been without a credit card for four years now, Debit does the job and I know I won't owe my kids incomes for the next four thousand years to make the banks profits grow.

I think what is needed is a debit card, such as a master card or visa, but the account isn't required to have credit assigned to it. The only difference between the ATM and the simple "bank cards" and the newer debit cards are the mechanics of the transfer, I think. The bank do however charge about 10-15£ annually for those cards though. I'm not a big fan of the whole overdraft or credit thing either, its easy to get suckered in and get pretty screwed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...