Awards System

B16Enk

7 members have voted

1. 1. How do you want the Awards displayed

• Under the Profile?
    • In the signature?

• 1. DDz Quorum

I have added an Awards system to the board now, you should see an 'Awards' link on top menu.

General idea being that Campaig ribbons etc can be added, and awarded to users, and these will show in Sigs and on profiles.

For an example check any post made by GreyKnight, and you will see a centred Kuban Ribbon in his sig in addition to the ribbons he added himself.

Moderators can award users, and create the awards in the ACP.

Would be very helpful if you guys could add ribbon images to the newly created Awards Category in the Gallery.

The urls can then be added to awards to associate the images, this way the caching system will cache the images and improve page load times.

I have uploaded 3 ribbons today, the ideal format for the image name I suggest is:

campaignname_ribbon.ext (ext being either jpg or png - latter is preferred).

The above would be a ribbon, a medal would be George_Cross.png

Hope you guys like this!

Cool feature! I've awarded myself the other two SEOW campaign medals.

I came up to the stand, announced myself as recipient of the awards, marched up to myself, saluted myself, returned the salute to myself, awarded myself the campaign ribbons, pinned the ribbons to myself, saluted myself, returned the salute to myself, shook hands with myself vigorously, did an about turn and smartly marched off to applause from multitudes of myself.

:asshole:

So I deleted my signature that hard the links to these ribbons elsewhere. I just hope we don't change forum software again and lose them. :bg:

• 1. DDz Quorum

So I deleted my signature that hard the links to these ribbons elsewhere. I just hope we don't change forum software again and lose them. :bg:

Fair point!

I have 3 backups now.

Part of the issue is our web site is now over 32GB with the vault and gallery, which as you can imagine is difficult to back up effectively.

The host we are with deems we have too much data for the automated and control panel backup routines, so I have mirrored our data to two servers and Amazon storage!

• 1. DDz Quorum
Added Kiev ribbon for those that fought against the 69GiAP - how do you make it selectable?

Does someone need to fiddle with it's size to get it to match?

Cheerzen

I have created a Tutorial for this:

Awards System Tutorial

Should it be required permission can be granted to an awards manager/committee to create/grant awards.

Naturally awards need not be limited to just campaign stuff, we could have Top Gun medals, best host awards etc. etc..

Added Kiev ribbon for those that fought against the 69GiAP - how do you make it selectable?

Does someone need to fiddle with it's size to get it to match?

Cheerzen

I have created a Tutorial for this:

Awards System Tutorial

Should it be required permission can be granted to an awards manager/committee to create/grant awards.

Naturally awards need not be limited to just campaign stuff, we could have Top Gun medals, best host awards etc. etc..

I think that awards should be well managed. Therefore, as an example, flight leaders should send a request to an award comity for someone to receive an award for courage or actions that he took during the fight (s) while in battle with the enemy during a mission or campaign.The categories and all the awards (all medals, pins or citations) should be announced and displayed on the forum somewhere for everyone to look at. Also, there should be a list of all the members that are awarded medals and the comity representative that is in charge of issuing the medal or award should himself this medal under the members signature. When someone receive an award, it should be annouced as well on the forum.

MT