Dcs: A10C - Beta Pre-Purchase

Snacko

You can now buy the DCS A10C Simulator as a Beta with updates every two weeks for $59.99 (This is the final retail price.) And you will receive the final game with this purchase!

Minimal system requirements: OS: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7; CPU: Pentium 4 3 GHz; RAM: 2 GB; Graphics: 512 MB ATI or nVidia, DirectX 9 compatible; Sound card; 6 GB of free space on HDD; Copy protected, requires internet activation.

Downloading Now... :goodjob:

The Beta looks fantastic! They still have a lot of work to do, and don't see this being final until Christmas at best. But it is flyable and nice to get up to speed early. Some Training and Missions are there to play with, but not much yet. But the full Beta Manual is there and very handy.

Here are some screenshots of the new HDR effect to add 'bloom' to the graphics. This shot was take around 7am over Nellis AFB, Nevada

gallery_440_38_94063.jpg

gallery_440_38_11390.jpg

I'll post new screenshots later..

Yes it was me. I didn't check my FPS but they were pretty good. I have a high end pc though. Here's my specs:

MB: Asus Rampage II Extreme x58 chipset

CPU: i7 965 Extreme Edition 3.2ghz (multiplier unlocked) 6.4GT

Memory: Corsair Dominator 6GB(2x3GB) Triple-Channel 1866 DDR3 DIMMs

Video Card: ASUS EAH4870x2 Graphics Card

Power Supply: Corsair 850watt CMPSU-850TX

• 1. DDz Quorum

I succumbed and bought it.

Training is not bad, a little buggy, and am working through it.

The eye candy is good, populated areas look very realistic.

Learning curve is steep though!

Controller setup is still a PITA until you know what each thing does (which I don't but think I have pitch - roll and yaw sorted now :D).

Yea, now there are two of us!

There is one bug in the Startup Training where you cannot flip a swtich that is hidden under the throttle. Attached is a mission to replace that training that skips that switch for now. Put it here: Training\en\Aircraft Operation\1\

I have downloaded a profile for my x52 that a guy named SFJackBauer made. It kind of follows what the game manual has and seems like a good place to start. There is also a version of it for the x52 pro. (I have that one if you need it) Check it out here. Since the cockpit is clickable, and all of the controls are easily available once you learn where they are, I think it is a good idea to have your joystick closely mimic the real A10 joystick.

They eye-candy is very good. In Red Flag though the map is not completed they say. There are things missing..

A-10C-Training-Start-Up.rar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Cheers Andy!

Being awkward I have a MSFFB2 stick coupled with a CH Pro throttle, Pro Pedals and Quadrant.

What I'll do is take your link and see how to map the various controls, the MSFFB2 not having software to assign keys to is a bit naff.

The Thrustmaster WartHog HOTAS is a bit wow, as is it's price!

He uses a combination of profile for the joystick and mostly custom assignments in the game with another file he shares. So, not sure if those will map up with yours, but he has nice screenshots of what he assigned.

I do like that A10 Warthog hotas, but not sure if I want a stick dedicated to just one game. Also, TouchBuddy will help me a ton.