Aviation Science Degree

Pappy

Hey guys, as most of you know, i just got out of the military. Well, i wanted to start college this term so i went down to the community college (Portland Community College) and I am pleased to announce they're wonderful Associates of Aviation Science/Piloting program. I am signed up for flight lessons starting the Winter term (had to take a few prerequisites first) and will be commercial certified with a CFI certificate by the end of the program (app 2 years from now)

Im really excited about finally being able to do the real thing. Ive always wanted to fly and for the life of me, I dont remember why I joined the Marines instead of the Airforce (probably because I watched movies like Jarhead, Black Hawk Down, Saving Private Ryan, and Heartbreak Ridge) But anyways. Now is my chance to do it all for NO COST Thank you GI BILL! :)

Just wanted to express my enthusiasm.. Let the congratulations begin :)

Very very cool mate.

Always wanted to try the real thing but i'm colour blind so i'm told it's a no go for me.

The thrill of actually sitting in the cockpit and taking the plane off the ground for the first time, nothing can compare to that me thinks.

Grats to you matey, big time.

Well done.

Good deal! I wanted to do that, but am realizing it probably won't happen.

I tried the military route, but due to football in HS I messed up my left knee and they turned me down.

So no GI bill.

I'm glad some of the money from us Taxpayers is going in the right place.

Keep us updated.

Oh, and the GI bill isn't exactly free.

You sign up at the risk of being killed for your country.

Not all of them get to take advantage of the GI bill,

Sadly.