World Of Tanks

erco

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JP,

Try registering on their forum and check the newcomers section...

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/forum/40-newcomers-section/

I didn't read a thing, I just jumped in and went PEW-PEW! I've no idea what's a good tank and what's pants!?!?

I just love zipping around.

For each mission you take part in, you earn cash (silver coins it looks like) AND research points.

You then use your research points to research better equipment/weapons/engines for the tank, and once you research everything in the tree, you can buy the next tank in the tier above. IF you have saved up enough cash by that time too.

p.s. the first two tanks are free, and when they get blown up in a mission, you don't have to pay to repair them, just pay for ammo. But when you buy your first tank, then you have to pay for repairs too. But you earn enough every mission to still make a profit.

p.p.s You also get a free 150 gold for every day you log in. Which can pay for better crewmen for example.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Plus F1 in-game gives you a handy help screen for the controls, such as they are.

Research is the key to getting tanks upgraded, judicious application of experience points and then purchases of the upgrades to improve the tank.

Remember you can exit back to the depot to take out a reserve tank in a new battle, when your primary ride gets knocked out.

Helps to get momentum up ;)

Gec,

you can have about, say, 6 tanks in your garage at once. You take one into battle, get knocked out in the first minute, and instead of waiting till the battle ends (up to 12mins) you just exit the battle and jump in a different tank and go into another battle. And keep doing this and going back to your older tanks and repairing them once that battle ends and they're put back in to your garage.

Imagine a DDogz Dogfight map, but with Tanks!

:P

Hey JP, you fight battles and get experience points, which use use to research better parts. These parts are upgrades for your tanks, such as better turrets and guns. They also are the prerequisites for more modern tanks. You start with a MS1 and a Leichtraktor. In the case of the Ltraktor, follow the tree of researchable items towards the Panzer II. When you have researched the PZII, you can go into the store and buy it using the credits. Clear as mud? I could hop on and help you with it if you want.

EDIT, Be sure to fight the "Recruits battles" until you get the high tier tanks. There you are only up against equally weak tanks.

Gec,

you can have about, say, 6 tanks in your garage at once. You take one into battle, get knocked out in the first minute, and instead of waiting till the battle ends (up to 12mins) you just exit the battle and jump in a different tank and go into another battle. And keep doing this and going back to your older tanks and repairing them once that battle ends and they're put back in to your garage.

i did not know that! i've sold all of my old tanks. but will keep it in mind.

thx m8

• 1. DDz Quorum

Gec,

i did not know that! i've sold all of my old tanks. but will keep it in mind.

thx m8

And you still get credits for the battle too.

1,000,000 points JP! Wow!

I was playing last night and noticed Ash was online. So I was chatting with him in the game, and asked him if he wanted to form up and make a platoon together. But he correctly pointed out that you need to be a Premium account in order to form a platoon.

A 24 hour Premium account costs 200g, and since you get 150g a day for free, why don't we all save up our gold and then pick a day to go Premium and kick ass together on TS?

Anyone else up for it this weekend or next week sometime? (Outside DDogz flying times of course)