Gb V Usa

DD_asas

Just wanna give my congrats to the US gents for the excellent game tonight against GB. (1-1)After GB scored 1-0, i though they would smash USA. well, it didn't happen.

I just hope this isn't a bad thing, fot the european teams, cause the greeks, lost, France draw and GB, well draw also. I sure hope Portugal win next Thursday against Ivory cost. eheheheh

To the Gb gents, well, for the ones who saw the game, u guys need to shape up, or u wont go ahead. The italian, just don't understand English football....

cheers

A

rob green, plays for west ham, so he's got alot of experience of picking the ball out of his own net.

A_laughing_matter.gif

but Lampard and Rooney didn't play at their best. Johnson, I like a lot , though.

I watched my first soccer game on tv ever! All due to GreyKnight's status. I had to see what the big deal was...

It was pretty good. Not too exciting, but a good match. But a tie? In a playoff? How does that work with no winner?

That Rooney guys was funny. He looks more like a rugby player I think.

I watched my first soccer game on tv ever! All due to GreyKnight's status. I had to see what the big deal was...

It was pretty good. Not too exciting, but a good match. But a tie? In a playoff? How does that work with no winner?

That Rooney guys was funny. He looks more like a rugby player I think.

A_laughing_matter.gif it does.

this is not yet the playoff . first they play, all against each other in the groups, and the first 2 go on. and only on the second fase is the playoff. A team lose, and is out. there it can't happen a a tie.

Hey....and this is a real WORLD CUP ......LOL not yours world series eheheheheheh just joking, andy

• 2. Administrators

you get a point for a draw, 3 for a win, top 2 teams go through to the knockout stage, every team plays each other once in the group stage, 4 teams to a group.

you get a point for a draw, 3 for a win, top 2 teams go through to the knockout stage, every team plays each other once in the group stage, 4 teams to a group.

thx,FB . i miss that.

My bad, Delta 7. off course. ENGLAND. thumbsu.gif GB it's easy to write. but u got a point.

while we r talking sport. a Q. for the US gents. whats the diference between softball and baseball? Rules of the game?

A

There are different versions of softball: slow-pitch and fastball. Slow-pitch uses a looping pitching delivery, and a fourth outfielder/rover. It's less competitive. Fastball uses a "windmill" underhand delivery, which is actually the fastest way to deliver a ball. The best fastball pitchers can hit 105+ mph, better than a baseball pitcher, due to the longer period of delivery (more rotation.) In both cases, the ball is about 2x as large as the regular baseball.

Baseball, or hard-ball, uses the smaller baseball, and an overhand delivery. It is the "typical" game seen on TV played by the professionals.

There are many other differences in rules between the 3, as well as the size of the field, and base distances, but those are the main visible differences.

I used to play on a competitive fastball team, infield, catcher, and relief pitcher.

eptsportssowexperts1552.jpg

But yes definitely a good game. Slovenia and Algeria looked very sloppy today and I think the US and England will come roaring out of their group. USA v. Slovenia could be a test but I am pretty sure England can put Slovenia to bed. Algeria should be easy but you never know!

• 2. Administrators

Hey rattler, i notice from your update that you were coaching soccer football, is it the same in Canada as the US where lots of people play it at school at a young age and then move on to different sports as they get older?

Oh, and what the hell?:huh:

post-284-073203900 1276547299_thumb.jpg

someone need to explain to them what a draw is :laughing7:

Edited by B16Enk
Pic wasn't showing! So downloaded and attached it ;)

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Fine fellows,

What still amazes me is the fact that most of England still gets behind a team playing a sport which we haven't been much good at for decades ! Bloody George Cross flags with "England" written across them for the seriously dim flying from BMWs, Audis, Hondas, Toyotas, Peugeots, Renaults etc.

Rugby, we are good at, (world cup winners and runners up).

Motorsport we are good at, (two formula 1 world champions finishing first and second at the Canadian GP this weekend, McLaren leading the constructors championship ).

Cycling we are good at, (awsome Olympic squad ) but no flags on cars or houses. LOL?? Football is a ladies game played by walking hair styles ! Other than that I think it 's great ! :roflmao:

There is the grenade now where is the explosion ? LOL

~S~ Shameless.

• Like 1

Hey rattler, i notice from your update that you were coaching soccer football, is it the same in Canada as the US where lots of people play it at school at a young age and then move on to different sports as they get older?

Pretty much. They play up to high school age (U18), and then go off to college and such, where few play. It's not that they give up just soccer - they give up everything! If anything does get played, it's usually some level of hockey.