Star Wars Floppy Disk

Am I the only one to find this kinda awesome?

Come on, Retro tech and nerd love combined.

I personally prefer the days when I still had a 5 1/2 floppy :laughing7:

I wonder did he have the program on the floppy causing it to seek that tune, or manipulating the drive it's self from some outside source of voltage or something?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Am I the only one to find this kinda awesome?

Come on, Retro tech and nerd love combined.

I personally prefer the days when I still had a 5 1/2 floppy :laughing7:

I wonder did he have the program on the floppy causing it to seek that tune, or manipulating the drive it's self from some outside source of voltage or something?

One can write a program at device driver levels... if you get that close to the hardware, you could make it do these things... like move the heads, change the speed of the disk etc.

(Device drivers are basically programs too)

It's been so long you forgot they were only 5 1/4 disks. Yes, those were the days... And now those disks 'really' were floppy!

Well I'm sure mine was 5 1/2 (fish story) and that my story and I'm sticking to i t. :rolleyes:

It's been so long you forgot they were only 5 1/4 disks. Yes, those were the days... And now those disks 'really' were floppy!

Those were the days???

Mate, the Egyptians are still using the 1980s version of the M1A1 Tank simulator to train their tank crews. These simulations still use 5 ¼ in floppies for loading the different programs.

It’s a different world over here. :icon_farao:

~S~ Tribunus! Then I´ve have a special offer fore you.

A vintage Commondore PC40. Stunning 40 Mb of memory, fresh keyboard, mouse with left/right keys, 5 1/4" floppy disc station, 13" wide screen, (can sure find floppys if I dig deep enough in my basement). All cables. I will also include a fresh install of Duke Nukem 1.

I´m sure you´ll sell it with good profit!

Swep

post-540-068754100 1276107362_thumb.jpg

i had the same keyboard many years a go. but i think it had IBM logo. the best keyboard i ever had. with it's mechanical "click" keys it was unbreakable and very comfortable.

~S~ Tribunus! Then I´ve have a special offer fore you.

A vintage Commondore PC40. Stunning 40 Mb of memory, fresh keyboard, mouse with left/right keys, 5 1/4" floppy disc station, 13" wide screen, (can sure find floppys if I dig deep enough in my basement). All cables. I will also include a fresh install of Duke Nukem 1.

Swep

~S~ Sweper

Hang onto that mate. Something like that could be worth some real money if you can find the right collector.