2 Spit Mkixe Skins I've Been Doing

• 2. Administrators

Hi guys, thought i'd share two skins i've just done for myself, i say done, made alterations to two of kristoffs excellent skins is more accurate, 99% of credit is due to him.

It came to my attention, that while i had loads of decent skins for the MkIXc, i didn't have any good ones for the IXe in recent co-ops, and couldn't find any i liked that much to download, so i set about changing a couple of mkIXc skins to e types, based on two of kristoffs skins.

first removed the 303 ejection ports, plus the 303 gunsmoke stains,

0706201016-04-34.jpg

and added correct ejection ports for the 50's,

0706201016-01-48.jpg

again removed the 303 gunsmoke stains on the upper wing, plus the red markers for the 303's,

0706201016-04-54.jpg

to leave

0706201016-02-11.jpg

This is now my default spit MkIXe skin, also did the same to another skin which has full markings (the markings above are from matmanager), so when i fly co-ops, i don't have to have american markings on my spit, lol,

0706201016-22-30.jpg

0706201016-22-58.jpg

anyway, there uploaded to the vault,

cheers fruitbat

• 2. Administrators

that's part of the 3d model, I guess in the 'e' wing the cannon must have sat further back than in the 'c' wing. All the 'e' wing spits have a shorter hispano barrel. Looking at the model closer, the blisters appear to be further back on the wing too.

Edit, yep thats what it was, see here, gun in a different place, and futher back with different fairings on the 'e' wing designation.

http://spitfiresite.co.uk/reference/variants-technology/2008/03/spitfire-ix-xi-xvi-variants-03.htm

• 6 months later...

You say this is now your new 'default' skin. Can you actually edit default skins, especially for those that span across two or more models? Then I could add my call sign to several spit models at once by just editing the one default skin.

• 2. Administrators

yes you can edit default skins (summer, winter and desert), see here.

http://www.dangerdogz.com/forums/tutorials/article/11-skin-folders/

once you've done it a couple of times, takes about 1 min to change a default skin.