Lockon Practice Last Night..

Snacko

Good time flying FC2 last night. Thanks to AP and CaptJack for showing up and blowing stuff up. Some things new to learn from FC1. Still am not sure if Refueling actually works in multiplayer though. I could refuel, but I was the host. Not sure if the clients are able to refuel. More testing needed.

• My Practice Mission that we flew last night has been uploaded to our Vault >> right here! <<
  • And a Sample Track that you can watch in the game to see how it's done >> right here! <<

I posted on the DCS forums about the MK20 Rockeye not taking out a column or exploding like in FC1. They said it had changed and these were the replies that I received. So, it looks like we need to learn to deploy different weapons in different situations than before.

Basicly, instead of giving the bombs an standard blast pattern like in FC1

The blast pattern is now to an extend "calculated" meaning;

If you drop from below 100 meters the bomblets disperes over an 15 meter radius

from 200 meters 30 meters radius

from 300 meters 60 meters radius

and so on up to an certain maximum. (note the numbers are fictional but give you a general idea of what's happening)

In conclusion, try dropping your bombs from an higher altitude to the bomblets have more "time" to disperse and cover an larger area.

The pattern is now wider than it is long. You can pretty much forget about taking out an entire convoy with a single bomb, unless you drop it from the right direction (perpendicular to target). Further, you'll find that iron bombs work well on convoys.

Just start using ripple bombing and forget about bomb-sniping. Also, drop your rockeyes from as high as you can ... 10000' is your friend.

Wow, Rockeyes at 10,000 feet? Sounds like a good idea to learn that CCRP Tom! And start using MK82 and 84's on tanks? I think you can carry more MK82s and they should do the job on a tank, right?

Here are some screenshots of Refueling:

The approach at about 170kph to Texaco:

gallery_440_17_230790.jpg

Almost got her nipple:

gallery_440_17_125760.jpg

Nursing: Mmmmm..

gallery_440_17_162701.jpg

AP thought that looked tasty, so he's giving her a try:

gallery_440_17_201115.jpg