Df Server Problem

Tonar

Toad,

It appears that I have wasted your time :-[

I downloaded 2 seperate copys of your files (work and home) and installed on to both my servers and each time they failed to load :-\

In desperation I dragged the entire folder to my client machine and it fired up first time ??

My servers are all low spec machines (P4s or AMD32 at 2- 2.8 Mz and 512-768Mb RAM (But they do have over 4TB of disk space between them :rolleyes: ))

So the 4.09m server runs on a fully updated 4X3.2GHz quadcore with 4 Gb RAM. Does any one have a spare PC at this spec??? ;)

If anyone has got 4.09m to run on their machine can you post the spec?

Am I running out of memory?

Or am I missing a required addon? (net framework? Direct3D? openGL? MS mouse driver?)

This is very odd, I have some old smaller machines in the garage, I'll see if any of them work, and I'll load it on there, and test.

I used to host the 4.08 and older on an old AMD 800mhz machine years ago, then upgrade to a AMD 1900+ both had anywhere from 256 to 512 memory, win2000, and XPpro

My guess if anything your missing java or the version you have is corrupt or something.

Oh and you didn't waist my time, I've been aiming to get it going again anyway, on my old gamer AMD 3700+ 2 gig of Ram

I still need to figure out a few things on the new FBDj thing, and get my ISP to fix my connection, but once that's done, then I should be able to host quite often.

Well it took me awhile but I dug in my bin of old parts and got the old AMD 1900+ running,

I only have one stick 256 of ddr400

It runs 4.08 just fine, but 4.09 crashes, so Ram may just be the deal with 4.09.

My server has 1 Gb. (2x512 Mb DDR400) But it only has 2 slots so I cant upgrade.

Hunting for some more Carcases to see if I can get 2Gb on a server.

Somewhere I had an old 19" Proliant with 2 xeons ..Im sure it had 2Gb but I cant remember what happened to it. Its probably being used as a door stop