Sign In ?

T_O_A_D

Sometimes i show up and it shows me signed it, but it still requires me to sign in to reply or post.

Now tonight on main page I don't see the buttons for comms etc. only Home and Forum.

Any Idea, or is this normal now with the new software?

• 2. Administrators

That's all the buttons I get on the main page too TOAD, it might be the same for all of us. Odd about the signing in problem, it's not one I've had here. I'm sure the good Sir Enkel will be able to shed some light on this.

Jabo

• 1. DDz Quorum

Sounds like a caching issue.

http://www.dangerdogz.com is the main site index page, and should show only two buttons, one for home and one for forums.

Clicking home should do nada, forums however should bring you here.

The forums, http://www.dangerdogz.com/forums will prompt you to login if you try to post, it will also show a restricted view (some forums require membership to view).

I'm using google Chrome, have tested with FireFox and IE8 and not found any issue with logging on.

Software does detect that you may have logged on from another system (can even be 2nd browser or a pc on same IP) and will ask you to revalidate and will terminate the old session.

So if you have left the browser open on the forums on, say, your home PC. Then login on your work system, when you come back home it will appear that you are logged in until you either refresh the page, or click a link.

You will then be prompted to login again.

This security measure helps protect our system from attack, and also aids your privacy.

If you have more than one tab/button showing for the first link (the home page for dangerdogz.com) then this sounds like IE has cached the site and has not yet refreshed the page.

ctrl+f5 should fix that.

The home page will be changing soon, and will be integrated with the forums properly.

I get the same thing.

It's like the cookie "goes stale". <_<

Upgrades of a forum and for a few months it will just forget I checked that "remember me" box every week or two with diminishing frequency till it works properly.

Could have something to do with Firefox updates that seem to be every other day.

Always the same computer for me, static IP.