[Net] Speed

Shadrach

That question is about as simple as "what is the meaning of life, the universe and all that stuff"?

IF I UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE THING PROPERLY:

It's complicated ... and server dependent. Fast machine running the server(high tickrate or functions per second) and you can benefit from a higher netspeed.

Set netspeed too high and you might appear jerky(too much info to server so it drops some but there's nothing to fill in the gaps)

Too low and you might appear jerky, not enough info to fill all the info spaces the server creates.

So it's mostly about how much info the server can handle.

How do you know? You don't.

Trial and error, and it will change all the time with servers, ping and your internet connection.

This is for Unreal Tournament. IL2 is probably less affected than that.

http://wiki.unrealadmin.org/Netspeed_Tutorial_%28UT%29

The little green internet connection squares on my screen were heading for infinity and beyond so it doesn't surprise me although I wouldn't rule out it just being my flying. If it means I'm harder to hit then then perhaps I wont experiament with the settings too much. It doesn't help either if my lad goes on line in the middle of a game.

• 1. DDz Quorum

The little green internet connection squares on my screen were heading for infinity and beyond so it doesn't surprise me although I wouldn't rule out it just being my flying. If it means I'm harder to hit then then perhaps I wont experiament with the settings too much. It doesn't help either if my lad goes on line in the middle of a game.

I'm not sure about others, particularly UK, but my bar was constant at about 2-3 squares.