Anyone Got Any Tips For Software To Turn Pics Into A Slideshow On A Dvd?

fruitbat

• 2. Administrators

Title says it all really, anyone know of any good and pref free software to turn the many photos from my digital camera into a slideshow dvd, rather than just a data storage dvd?

It may be that i'm just being a bit of a retard, but i don't seem to be having any success, with stuff that i have.

cheers fruitbat

It may be that i'm just being a bit of a retard, but i don't seem to be having any success, with stuff that i have.

cheers fruitbat

Nope you are not the only one.. I have spent hours & hours trying to burn a DVD in a format that DVD players will play. I ran into some DVD players that do & some that don't. Now I have to try again with the software Roger just recomended.

• 2. Administrators

i can only see burn to CD in infraview,

ScreenHunter_01Apr061913.jpg

i 've got various things that burn slideshows to CD's but its to a DVD i'm looking for, will have to check and see if theres a newer version of infraview than mine, and its now an option.

@jabo, nope DVD+R's.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Ahh..

Must read more slowly DVD..

Missed that first time around, if you get the trial copy of Nero then it and Irfanview will do the job (Nero will probably do it on it's own).

• 2. Administrators

Yep Rog. Using Nero 9 with the Win 7 compatibility patch, I've got no problems burning video to DVD, but I've not tried burning a slideshow to disc. I suspect it's not dissimilar.

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

i've only got nero 7, and again that only burns slideshows to cd.

Its irritaiting that i can burn video to DVD's but not slideshows :notfair:

So you rekon if i download the nero 9 trial i might have some luck?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Yep Rog. Using Nero 9 with the Win 7 compatibility patch, I've got no problems burning video to DVD, but I've not tried burning a slideshow to disc. I suspect it's not dissimilar.

Jabo

Ahh.. there is a Win 7 patch.

Didn't see that when I downloaded it ;)

I'm with you on the irritation, although this is light relief for me compared to the pig's ear I made of these boardsgrowl.gif

I downloaded Nero trial (I have an old license kicking around somewhere) but couldn't get it to work with Irfanview - then I saw Jabo's post above...so yeah I'd give it a go mate!

• 2. Administrators

Jabo

Ahh.. there is a Win 7 patch.

Didn't see that when I downloaded it ;)

I'm with you on the irritation, although this is light relief for me compared to the pig's ear I made of these boardsgrowl.gif

I downloaded Nero trial (I have an old license kicking around somewhere) but couldn't get it to work with Irfanview - then I saw Jabo's post above...so yeah I'd give it a go mate!

Yeah, it's quite a big patch (coupla hundred meg), so they've made signiifcant changes to the s/w in the wake of 7 being released. Bear in mind FB that if you d/l the software now, you'll prolly get Nero 9 Reloaded which already has the patch on board - makes life easier maybe.

Jabo

When I make those gun cam videos from screenshots I take all of the FRAPS screenshots(convert to JPEG in Irfanview) into Windows Movie Maker and create a slideshow and save as a movie.

It looks like a choppy movie but it's actually screenshots taken every half second and played back at .35 seconds - about a 3FPS movie but you can set whatever delay you want in WMM.

http://s828.photobucket.com/albums/zz206/Indyyeti/?action=view&current=FinlandMar29.flv&newest=1

Once it's a movie you should have no trouble burning to DVD.

• 2. Administrators

When I make those gun cam videos from screenshots I take all of the FRAPS screenshots(convert to JPEG in Irfanview) into Windows Movie Maker and create a slideshow and save as a movie.

It looks like a choppy movie but it's actually screenshots taken every half second and played back at .35 seconds - about a 3FPS movie but you can set whatever delay you want in WMM.

http://s828.photobucket.com/albums/zz206/Indyyeti/?action=view&current=FinlandMar29.flv&newest=1

Once it's a movie you should have no trouble burning to DVD.

Thank you, thank you.

Would never have thought of using Windows Movie Maker to create a screenshot 'movie', but it works perfectly, just import the photos, drag them on to the bottom, set time delay and burn, really really easy to do,

cheers fruitbat :thumbsu:

• 2 weeks later...

Title says it all really, anyone know of any good and pref free software to turn the many photos from my digital camera into a slideshow dvd, rather than just a data storage dvd?

cheers fruitbat

I just use windows live movie maker simple to use just add your pics in the order you want and music if you wish and then save as or burn a dvd. like this (see attachment)