Help Needed W/ New Smoke Mod

Beebop-RIP

I tried using the new smoke mod seen here:

0204201022-52-29-Copy.jpg

but it doesn't want to work. (Mod UP 2.0)

The install instructions mention overwriting files but that option does not happen.

I extracted the folder "Fire smoke effect" and placed it in my JSGME folder. When enabled I get a dialog box saying a variety of Uranium folders have already been added. I looked into manually (saving) copy/paste the individual effects in but I wasn't sure which Uranium effects to replace. For instance what effect does the 'HumoFuegoMotor' effect replace? also there are no leading numbers like the other mods have such as '01_'. does that make a difference and if so what number should be added?

I like the look of the mod and since it's JSGME friendly would like to give it a go.

Any and all help is appreciated.

• 2. Administrators

i'm using it in conjunction with uranium.

I've just got uranium enabled first, then this mod after through the switcher, and when you go to enable the smoke mod through the switcher, this comes up,

ScreenHunter_01Apr041647.jpg

just click yes to enable, its just changing the smoke effects from uranium to these, the files its flagging up are the 'original' uranium fire smoke effects, this is the overwriting i was talkiing about, my bad, should of explained it better.

Its designed to work/add on to uranium, so you guys shouldn't be having problems, as long as you do what i've shown,

hope this helps,

fruitbat

Wow, thanks for the quick responses.

I did what you suggested first fruitbat but I didn't get the smoke mod effect. I do now and I possibly would have then too. It seems this only works with certain kinds/amounts of damage. Sometimes I only get the stock Urainium effects but that's OK. If I can get this occasionally too it's better actually IMO. Often you get a mod and it's the same effect time after time. The way the smoke mod works for me now it won't be the same old effects over and over. It will depend on what I hit, where and how well. A welcome variety to my way of thinking.

Anyway, I have it working. It's pretty awesome looking I must say. A nice improvement.

Thanks again for the help.

Cheerio!

Can someone tell me where do i get this mod? i tried the Vault but i guess it isn't there

cheers

Try HERE.

If your computer blows up, Fruitbat is responsible. :laughing7:

*EDIT* :roflmao:

THX u all, gents.

now i'll try not to screw things up with the install...:thumbsu:

cheers

~S~

crap... this start's well. where is the "JSGME folder" in the game folder? can u gents provide the path?

i'm sorry to be so ignorant and anoint in this matters .....:huh:

cheers

edit: ok, apparently i made it. did not test it yet, but i wil now. so i'll report here after.

thx again

2º edit: BTW fruitbat, what kind of machine r u running, man, i feel humiliated just by lookind now to mine...:laughing7:

• 1. DDz Quorum

Can someone tell me where do i get this mod? i tried the Vault but i guess it isn't there

Well hey, I did my bit and made the Vault available and a better version..

Want me to trawl the net and test and post the latest mods too! A_laughing_matter.gifdevil.gif

• 1. DDz Quorum

no, rog. i just thought it was there, m8.... you've done ab excellent job already.

Wasn't aimed at you Augusto! (or any one else eitehr - just a hint to use the blessed thing!).

• 2. Administrators

2º edit: BTW fruitbat, what kind of machine r u running, man, i feel humiliated just by lookind now to mine...:laughing7:

An i7-940, OC @ 3.5Ghz, nvidia gtx280 with 6 gigs of ddr3 1600Mhz ram.

• 2. Administrators

nah, thats bombsaways stuff, he made those water/coral textures, and damn good they are. i just know how to apply textures to maps and do repainting, change water colour etc, and other map editing stuff (map_c, map_h etc), I've made some very basic maps for myself just messing around and experimenting. The only texture stuff i've done creatively was work out how to do tree files for textures, and do them for some of compans textures when they first came out, ages ago.

the map in those screenshots is actually redko's repaint of the stock palau map, and he incorperated bombsaways water and coral textures into that repaint. Also i'm using OLC's improved water and reflection mods, which improves the refection from the sun in the water.

the repaint is available from aaa, link below,

palau repaint at aaa

• 2. Administrators

Also i'm using OLC's improved water and reflection mods, which improves the refection from the sun in the water.

Where can I find that water and reflections mod?

you can find it here.

water and reflection mod

to be honest i'm not sure i really see much difference with the water on water=2, but to use the relection mod have to use the water mod, and i do prefer the reflection mod.

anyway, read the thread to see what others have found, and give it a whirl.