Game Input Won't Change.

Kimosabi

Every time I hook up the 360 controller I have to re-assign all the HOTAS functions. I was aware of that and that's just how it is I guess. What's new this time is that both game copies reset themselves to stock input as well(10-20-30-40etc.) on all axis and no matter how much I adjust them to my preferred settings(0-5-10-20etc.) it just won't happen in game. I can set them to whatever I want but the aircrafts still fly as it was set to default. FECK!

Anyone else having this problem?

Every time I hook up the 360 controller I have to re-assign all the HOTAS functions. I was aware of that and that's just how it is I guess. What's new this time is that both game copies reset themselves to stock input as well(10-20-30-40etc.) on all axis and no matter how much I adjust them to my preferred settings(0-5-10-20etc.) it just won't happen in game. I can set them to whatever I want but the aircrafts still fly as it was set to default. FECK!

Anyone else having this problem?

The inputs write to the config.ini fileso make sure this isnt set to read only.

If it isnt then you can manually edit the inputs in the config file but make sure you get the right ones.

There is more info here

http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&op=show&kid=261

http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&cat=7

I use this program to set up my joystick - it runs in windows outside the game so try this and see if it works

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=1021

Id recommend you get a proper joystick as I think it would make a big difference

Thanks delta. I don't use the 360 controller for IL-2, I just felt the urge to play other games for a minute so the G940 was never un-plugged. Sits in the same USB as it always has. Could be some kind of evil deeds done by the motherboard USB controller or something as it looks like I have to re-assign the G940 functions every time I hook up another controller to any of the other USB ports.

Thank you for the links, will look into it.

Looks like windows had set the G940 inputs to ID2, after plugging in the 360 controller, and the game's input axis menu is based on ID1 only so there's the answer. To adjust anything but ID1 apparently you have to do that in the config.ini. I set the parameters I wanted there in the 1x1/1y1(which applies to ID2) and it's all peachy again.

I'll continue reading those links, Delta. Alot of things worth knowing there. Thanks!