Help Needed

Sulky

ok so im back from the Falklands, but i have to go home to ireland for 2 weeks from this Thursday (SHMBO orders), so ive installed 1946, got 4.08 and 4.09 d/l and ready to install, so please can someone give me a list of other things i require as ive err forgotten, i had a config thingy that let me run il2 at 1680x 1050, but i cant seem to find that either or the version selector

and if you could also be kind to put links to the files on here as well

thx and good to be back.

sulky

• 2. Administrators

Hi Sulky, good to see you back in one piece m8.

You've got most of what you need already, but you will have to download UltraPack 2.0n in order to fly with the DDz, the link is here. You'll notice this is a .torrent file so you'll need uTorrent or similar to download it. If you've not used torrents before, just post back and someone will be able to advise.

You'll also need Teamspeak 3 (d/l from here). Use the 32 or 64-bit version as dictated by your version of Windows (32-bit must use 32-bit TS3, 64-bit can use either but better with 64-bit). I'll PM you with the server details as I'm not sure if this is public or not.

Jabo

Hi Sulky, good to see you back in one piece m8.

You've got most of what you need already, but you will have to download UltraPack 2.0n in order to fly with the DDz, the link is here. You'll notice this is a .torrent file so you'll need uTorrent or similar to download it. If you've not used torrents before, just post back and someone will be able to advise.

You'll also need Teamspeak 3 (d/l from here). Use the 32 or 64-bit version as dictated by your version of Windows (32-bit must use 32-bit TS3, 64-bit can use either but better with 64-bit). I'll PM you with the server details as I'm not sure if this is public or not.

Jabo

cheers pal

also i had a little program that i used to run and it would let me choose differant gfx level and resoultions, keys etc, its not the original il2 one, but one with a plane noise at the start, can remember that either

thx

• 1. DDz Quorum

Here's the part relevant for the wide screen resolution, copy and paste it in your conf.ini, replacing the current settings.

[window]
width=1680
height=1050
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
ChangeScreenRes=1
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=0
EnableResize=1
EnableClose=0
SaveAspect=0
Use3Renders=0

Sorry, can't think of a utility that does and behaves like you describe... or ... maybe IL2 Manager ?

• 1. DDz Quorum

also i had a little program that i used to run and it would let me choose differant gfx level and resoultions, keys etc, its not the original il2 one, but one with a plane noise at the start, can remember that either

thx

That will be 'IL2 Stab', found at Mission4Today here http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=2169

• 2 weeks later...

If you set resolution high wouldn't that make it harder to spot distant planes?

At some point they're 1 pixel. Isn't that much bigger at lower resolution?

That was my understanding as well Perf. I've never actually tested it though. I have a wide screen LCD monitor and I know I dont have IL2 set up as 1680x1050.

I can't check it right now but I remember trying to compromise between getting a good sharper eye candy image (higher res) that may make it harder to spot distant planes vs. increasing my visibilty and lessening the res a bit.

I'm at work and can't check but I'm sure my IL2 game res that I settled on is somewhere around the 1280x960 mark. Kinda in the middle.