DSCN0502.jpg

3. Red 1/48th hasgawa harrier - revell spitIX - hasegawa P-51 - Tamiya P-47

DSCN0504.jpg

4. Blue 1/48th revell BF109K - eduard FW190A6- dragon fw190D

DSCN0506.jpg

5. stash

DSCN0507.jpg

S

I need to get some pics of my more recent work, but here are some from a few years ago, and some from many more than a few years ago:

The Lindberg B-17G, about 3 years ago

HPIM0759.jpg

Monogram 1/48 Zeke, about 12 years ago

HPIM0808.jpg

And now some childhood builds (all about 25-30 years ago):

Italeri DO24 1/72

HPIM0828.jpg

Matchbox A-20 1/72

HPIM0826.jpg

Matchbox Buffalo 1/72

HPIM0821.jpg

HPIM0822.jpg

Matchbox P-40N 1/72

HPIM0820.jpg

Lindberg P-47B 1/72 (my first 'serious' model, note the battle damage to match the box art, and the upside-down roundel)

HPIM0816.jpg

Airfix F-86D 1/72

HPIM0813.jpg

HPIM0812.jpg

Hm, strange, I can't load any more photos, even if I try to in another post.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hm, strange, I can't load any more photos, even if I try to in another post.

There was a 10 images per post limit.

I have upped it to 20, don't know why you could not post more image links in a new post though - it's not a 'per topic limit'..

Thanks, Roger! Every time I tried to post another reply, it would just tack my reply onto the end of my previous post, whilst leaving out the pictures. Wierd.

Anyhoo, here's a 1/48 Lindberg ME262 that, as part of a diorama, took second place in the only model show I've ever entered. The guy who won did a diorama of Pearl Harbor- the whole thing- during the attack of Dec 7.

HPIM0811.jpg

Here's my favored way of displaying built airplanes. All 1/72, that's the Hasegawa B-17F, the Matchbox P-47D, and Airfix's great little P-51B (wouldn't hurt to dust now and then, I see)

HPIM0743.jpg

And, finally, the Happy Closet:

HPIM0216.jpg

HPIM0214.jpg

HPIM0208.jpg

HPIM0211.jpg

HPIM0212.jpg

• 1. DDz Quorum

Wow, now that is clearly a hobby you take seriously mate!

Re: Unable to post 2nd post..

That is down to the grace period this software has, by the sound of it, in that it allows you to modify a post without inserting an 'Edited by..' tag.

There are two reply buttons too, of course, one does a quote and is part of the post ('Reply') and the other is a reply to topic with no quote ('Add Reply')..

Confused me too at first, but I now find it intuitive ;)

A website with grace, I like it! I thought I'd hit the wrong button, too, but finally gave up and figured that the website made sure we all took turns! Out of curiosity, how long is the grace period?

And thanks again, Roger- the new site is looking great, especially the new theme, which is much easier for me to read.

• 1. DDz Quorum

A website with grace, I like it! I thought I'd hit the wrong button, too, but finally gave up and figured that the website made sure we all took turns! Out of curiosity, how long is the grace period?

And thanks again, Roger- the new site is looking great, especially the new theme, which is much easier for me to read.

OK I'm still learning this software.. If you post to the same topic within 4 minutes it automatically merges the posts, but only if the post are consecutive (nobody has replied to previous post you made).

The grace period for allowing editing a post before is 5 minutes.

Both of the above times are configurable.

Any intention to build all of them, or is the fun in the collecting?

Intention, yes- but do I have enough time left?! It's been fun collecting the kits, and some guys do collect for the sake of collecting, but I'm a builder, in theory at least. It wasn't always like this, I used to build each kit as I got them. But between taking longer to build kits and people giving me kits and finally having money enough to indulge myself, well, you see the results. I got a big chunk of these kits from an estate sale, at a price you wouldn't believe. I got a bunch from my good friend Bob Lange, who was a Marine tailgunner in the Pacific (SBD's, SB2C's and TBF's), a great modeller, and a dear friend. His collection dwarfed mine, and he realized, I think, that he wouldn't get them done in the time he had left.

So, I build some, my son builds some, heck my wife even built a couple when we were first dating! And I suppose that, someday, I might pass a few on to a local kid who's interested, like Bob did for me.

• 3 weeks later...

I have finished my spitfire and hurricane and I have sucessfully stripped back and repainted and redecaled my old spit IX and my tamiya zero to get much better finish - here are a few pics

The hurricane is 1/48th from airfix , I added the flightpath etch set as cockpit was very bare - its a nice kit only let down really by the decals and the cockpit glass which is one piece, very thick but ill defined panel lines, if I make another Id go for an aftermarket set

The spitfire is a tamiya mk1 and was a joy to build, it is a cracking kit, I used a xtradecal set for decals and stole some of the cockpit parts from the hurri set as you cant really see anything in that one once closed up

I have learnt a few things like making sure paint is totally flat before decals- I have a set of fine grade sandpaper now and Im working on flat coat to get better finish but overall enjoyed the builds and pleased with how things turned out

DSCN0540.jpg

DSCN0541.jpg

DSCN0542.jpg

DSCN0543.jpg

DSCN0544.jpg

DSCN0545.jpg