Lockon Flaming Cliffs 2.0 Was Released Today!

Snacko

Want a Lock-On board?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have Lock On?

• Yes, got the original
    • Yes, got FC
    • Yes, got Black Shark
    • Yes - got FC and Black Shark
    • Nope, but I may get it
    • No I really hate the smell of jet fuel
    • I have no time for another game but wish those that do well
  2. 2. Interested in Participating in Tutorial Creation?

• Yes and I can contribute
    • Yes I want to learn!
    • No thanks..
  3. 3. Are you interested in just Flying Lockon FC online, or are you interested in Flying Lockon FC with BlackShark online?

• Just flying Lockon FC 1.12 is fine with me. I don't care about Blackshark.
    • I want to fly Lockon FC 2.0 with/against the BlackShark Ka50 online.
    • I am interested in doing both and will probably have two installations if I need to.
    • Jet engines are only good for roasting weiners.

I agree Crash, the A10c has a lot of stuff you can learn. Way more than the A10a in FC2. But I am finding the following Comment by one of the DCS Forum Moderators to be fairly true:

Well Airbuster' date=' the thing is that you don't really need more time to learn how to fly and fight with the DCS A-10C, even on max realism settings. If we compare to the A-10A in FC2, what you need to know for the Charlie to do what the Alpha does, is the following:

1) How to start (LWin-Home)

2) How to change master mode between Nav, CCIP, CCRP, A2A - a single button for all.

3) Where the Master Arm and Gun Arm switches are

4) How to select a weapon on DSMS (which is just "click DSMS, then click the weapon")

At this point, you now have the same capabilities as the A-10A in FC2, and you've spent perhaps 10 minutes learning it. Perhaps a wee bit more since you might want to get used to the relevant TMS and China selections as far as Mavs go, but getting to the exact same spot as the FC2 A-10A is not a difficult thing - and anything you learn by accident after that is a bonus that adds new capabilities.

This, incidentally, is also why I giggle when people worry that DCS pilots are going to be out-competed by FC pilots online just because they have to learn more. Yes, they do, but learning enough to have operational capabilities the FC pilot can only dream about is done within an afternoon.[/quote']

When you first get the sim, and see all the switchs, and watch the ingame training or online tutorials on YouTube, or even print out the giant manual, it looks overwhelming. But you don't have to learn all that stuff to be fairly effective. If you are familiar with the A10a in FC, you just need to learn how to do those basic thngs in DCS A10c, not everything. And actually, the Quick Start manual has about 2-3 pages on each of the basic combat systems that show the all you need to do to get up and bombing stuff.

I need to learn not to try and learn everything and just get up and fly. I tend to want to master a system before I play and that is no necessary.

PS:

I read a post by Waggs from last May that said FC3 was not official. Is there something official in the pipeline?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS:

I read a post by Waggs from last May that said FC3 was not official. Is there something official in the pipeline?

I thought it would be best to get FC2 to see how interested I am with jet stuff and it arrived today :) (thats my Chrizzy present sorted) Map Manual and DVD :) If I find I am enjoying it then A10C will be purchased soon. As for FC3 READ this I think that I will be busy downloading patches and stuff Christmas Day (Wifey wont be too impressed) :sheepsmile:

Awesome news Crash! Thanks for posting..

Yea! I had the A10c Beta so I should get the Nevada map for free. That map was in the first beta but removed later on. Combinded Arms looks fun as well. And we will be able to fly with you in the A10a Crash!

Now, I read some posts about guys complaining that it would not be fair to have some fly the 'easy' A10a online while others have to master the A10c, but from what I posted above and what others have said, if you can just fly using the basic combat systems in the A10c it is not much more difficult than the A10a.

• 11 months later...

Flaming Cliff's 3 has finally been released.........in beta but I'm just wondering whether to hit that button.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=1322&scr=shop&lang=en

$40.00/£25.00...that's not really a spur of the moment purchase is it? The Scotsman within me is crying "Noooooooooooooooooo" but I've got my original copy of LockOn from way back in 2003 here in front of me and it would be very good to have an upto date-ish jet sim. Even if I probably wouldn't have the time to use it that much and they really should have managed to create an F14 Tomcat but they haven't but I'm tempted. Very tempted.

Thoughts, anyone?

• 2. Administrators

I'm going to get it, just so i can blat around in an F15 at treetop level at full speed....

Theres an F14 in the works as well.

I'm not arsed about missile combat, but speed, mmmmmmm

• 1. DDz Quorum

Bought it.

So, the FC3 Eagle -

3d pit is oooh....!

Speed is aaaaah... !

New landing physics is hmmm... not in there yet!

But aside from that and a regular (but not everytime) CTD when trying to change selected weapon - okaaaayy....! - and non rotating wheels on ground roll, it's a blast. You got to expect this from a Beta release. P51D and even A-10C were chock full of such niggles in early (and even late stage) betas.

Not tried anything else but the F-15 yet. Will advise when I have.

And yes Arthur. Dived under a nice little girder bridge @ 650knts earlier. Wish I'd got a pic.

And yes Arthur. Dived under a nice little girder bridge @ 650knts earlier. Wish I'd got a pic.

Screenies? Oh yes please B) . So I've downloaded the surprisingly small link to FC3. Haven't paid any money yet. Gonna d/l DCS world now and check out the Frogfoot and then work out how to get it all up and running and where my LockOn disc comes into it all. I presume I've downloaded the FC3 module and now I need to purchase an activation code?

• 1 month later...

Awarded myself an early Christmas pressy last week. :shaunhb: The F15 with it's new 'pit is really rather nice and I can now shoot things down wiv' missiles.

dcs2012-12-1500-42-46-68.jpg

And the night sky is pretty fantastic.dcs2012-12-1500-43-08-27.jpg..this is the Orion constellation with the Pleiades visible too.

One small, minor problem at the moment. I can't fly any of the other planes at all. I can't seem to make any of the zoom functions, button assignment or throttle to work. The original LockOn planes just don't want to play. Anyone got any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

It has been released as a beta yes but I'm pretty sure it's something I'm doing. Just haven't had much chance to sort it out yet. Just about to go out and do some last minute grocery shopping. When I come back RoF should have released their channel map. I'm gonna get that D.L'ing and cycle down town for a spot of last minute, on a whim, prezzy* shopping.

Tonight we'll go to midnight mass then my wife will stay up to three or four a.m. wrapping all this shit and I'll be on hand to give her moral support whilst I fly my new map!

*Painless; that's prezzy shopping. Not Lezzy................................................. :P

I wanted to get FC3 today, so I downloaded and installed it. But I have not paid anything for it. I had to install my original Lockon. The FC3 icon in DCS World 'does NOT' have a dollar sign or Buy it button like the other icons do. So it looks like I own it free? I do an Instant Action to fly the A10c and it loads the game and displays a window asking me to enter a serial number or buy it... Hmm... So, I click cancel and then it loads the mission anyhow and I can fly the A10c. However it does not have a cockpit. I can see the frame of the plane and the gattling gun. So, I don't know if I need to buy it, or if I own it, or if this is a bug... Hmmm....

When I click the link to buy it, it pops up another window that says to follow the following instructions to purchase. But there are no following instructions... The rest is completly blank except for a Help link at the bottom and close button I think. I should post a pic, or the problem on DCS forums, but gotta go to Christmas at the Nephew's now.

Cheers M8!!!

PS: I made a pretty good cheatsheet summary booklet from the Lockon Manual for the Su-25t. If you are interested I'll post it.

Got it sorted. It was a bug that displayed no info on how to purchase.

And on the download page there is also, no info on how to purchase...

But, there is a link to take you to a place to purchase in the News tab for FC3. But that.. (wait for it.............) does not take you to the E-Shop, where you can purchase a key. Hah!

• 1 month later...

Not really online much OD. A while back we got some guys interested in flying a few missions, but that waned.

But now that you can merge DCS A10c with BS and FC3 you might have guys toying with these different sims who may be interested in flying together.