Need some tecnical help from developlers

DD_asas

Hi gents,

Short story: at my work i'm responsabe by developing and administrating(?) the blog 's Division, but i don't have the technical skills, to do it, (java , CSS ), alghouth i enjoy play with this stuff, and allready made something.

So, really need help in same sections, like the one attach and post here.

the Blog is blogspot, template rounders 2 1.0 2004

How do i insert or add a icon in blogspot Pages ?

and where in HTML do i insert a "tell others" bar code with dig, delicours Yahoo, etc...

I don't know if this is rather confuse but, i know andy and rog and maybe other are developers, so maybe thay understand this crazy talk of mine ;D

cheers

AC

• 1. DDz Quorum

Just had a quick look at Blogger and:

To add the social networks tool bar:

Edit the Layout and on 'Page Elements' tab click 'add a gadget' where you want to add the social networks gadget.

Click on 'Featured' and scroll down to 'Sociable Add ' (or search for Sociable Add is easier) then click the big + sign

Set a title and height and then click save, you now have a widget for social networking sites..

Adding an image is much more tricky, I think you are asking how to add an image as a link in the menu, and as far as I know you cannot do this with Blogger.

You can add images to the Header, as you have done, and to posts. Again as you have done.

To add a clickable image would require you to make a gadget that uses the image, and a link, but will need to be hosted on the web somewhere..

Adding an image is much more tricky, I think you are asking how to add an image as a link in the menu, and as far as I know you cannot do this with Blogger.

You can add images to the Header, as you have done, and to posts. Again as you have done.

To add a clickable image would require you to make a gadget that uses the image, and a link, but will need to be hosted on the web somewhere..

Thx both.

But what about a animated top bar like in our Forum? can this be done ? if so where? in what section?

one more thing...do u gents know any noobs site for learning basics CSS or Java ?

cheers

• 1. DDz Quorum

You will be quite limited on what you can do with JavaScript or CSS on Blogger:

No CSS or scripted image manipulation will be possible, unless you can link to independently hosted images.

You will be able to change the text appearance though, so text could be green for example and change to red when hovered over, or blue when clicked (or whatever colour combination takes your fancy).

The menu effects you see here happen because an image is swapped in and out, triggered by the mouse moving over the element.

If I were in your shoes I might try to persuade the company to host an independent blog on their own web site, and use perhaps WordPress as the software.

This would of course add to the complexity of the task and cost..

Blogger is a free service provided by Google and as such it is limited.

To give you an example of costs:

Our site would cost in the region of

Thx a lot, Rog

this is most helpful. ;)

as far as my company concerns, it's a no go, cause it's governament, i work at the City Hall .... , and they don't wont to spend money on blogs that promote heritage and culture... :rolleyes:

so i'll stick to blogger. but, i'm going to try same inovations like u propose, and try to get that books.

. hey, just one more: how do i expand ordo to put a big text in Blogger Pages? For exemple, i have "terms and conditions", but my tex doesn

Ok. I've altered some stuff in the blog, based in the intel that you gents gave me, THX BTW. i'm now updated to a three colunn rounders 2 blog, the Pages is finaly working, the posts title too...

you can take a pic here: http://oeirascomhistoria.blogspot.com/

BUT, since i'm not a JAVa or CSS wizz, i don'y know how to change the color of the link