GreyKnight

Haha Rattler,

Another 2D guy?

I actually also saw it in both 2D and 3D.

I didn't notice a great deal of difference between the 2 versions, except in the close-up shots where the focus issue is easier to distinguish. I think that it's a testimony to the quality of the filming and CGI that the 2D version looks as good as it does.

For those of you waiting until the DVD comes out, you better have a freaking fantastic TV and sound system in order to do it justice, or you will miss out on the scale of this movie.

As for it being a 'rip off' of other movies, yes, it has a great deal of similarity to others. I felt that it closely resembled Ferngully as well, especially in regard to the relationship between the main character, the alien girl, and the girl's betrothed. Even the mother had a 'twin' in Ferngully. Also, the scene where the dozers come to the tree (and the tree itself) are similar. The main difference is the antagonist - a jar-head in Avatar, and an evil spirit/being in Ferngully.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Chaps,

As far as things being a copy or rip off of previous ideas; It is a known fact that every possible combination of musical notes has already been used, thus in every new tune there are recognisable combinations which remind you of part of another tune.

Hence there are millions of cover versions which often out sell the originals because the tune is great but the original band are all dead/uncool ! LOL

Likewise just about every story line has also been used, all you can vary is perhaps the time , the place, the characters in detail. That is why there are so many "remakes" right.

The same goes for most artwork, something like it has been done before.

My point is that to be different you have to get more spectacular and/or technological...................Avatar :)

We are just getting harder to please. :soapbox:

~S~ Painless

I don't know.

Over Christmas break I watched 2 older movies: Casablanca, and Ben Hur. I don't think that they could be improved that much upon. They are 2 of the finest shot films ever made. Casablanca particularly is timeless - it seems like it could have been done recently every time I watch it.

I also don't know how you'd do a much better job of a movie like Patton. 40 years old, and still looks fantastic!

But then again, there are millions of posts on millions of forums, so I guess this post has been posted before, eh Mick?!

~S~

Well 4.08 was great right? And yesterday I've installed, how you call it, Ultra mega all inclusive pack? Honestly I was littel bit cranky to go all over that torture into downloading deleting, copying, pasting and worrying if I could screw something up things... Well actually I did it so I had to do it twice.

You know what? That Ultra mega painiintheassinstall pack is really great and much better then everything before. And I like it.

O.k. this thread is really screwed now.

Seen it.....storyline was unoriginal,and predictable.......visuals were great but got tiresome after awile....I need more than great visuals to hold my interest....I actually walked out after 2 hrs,I started to get a little bored with it.

I suppose if I was 10 yrs old I would've loved it,..like I did with the first Star Wars.

HI,

I'm sorry Snacko, I know you didn't mean to offend me in any way. It is just that I guess, I'm under a lot of pressure / stress lately and that I just busted my baloon on a little, simple and funny thing. I did not mean to offend anyone also. Please, accept my sincere appologies. I can assure you that you or anyone can still continue to make any sort of comments / jokes from my english spelling and it will be ok :)

Thanks.

MT