GreyKnight

I'm surprised there's not already been a thread on this great movie.

I'm off to see it for the 5th week in a row tomorrow, after work. I plan to see it every week until it's taken off the big screen. A really beautiful movie in my opinion. What do others think?

GK

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Chaps,

Well it's 11.30pm here and I just got back from seeing it in 3D as a birthday treat.

I was blown away by the effects, the imagination and digital artwork was truly awesome . :o I will definitely be going to see it again because there was too much to take in fully. The story is a statement for sure with the expected romance angle to help it appeal to a wider audience. Plenty of SPECTACULAR action , a likable hero and a real dirt bag villain. Sounds like the usual Hollywood package I know but WOW was it entertaining. IMHO I don't think you could ask for much more from this type of movie.

I also found myself strangely attracted to the 9ft blue heroine

• 1. DDz Quorum

although i have not seen it yet a college at work said he has seen a thread on the net that replaces the characters from pochantas with the characters from avatar and it is almost an exact match....i would still like to go and see it though

@ Painless - I too like all those pixels that make up the sexy Neytiri. Sexiest alien EVER, after Leela. ;)

I can't believe all the crap they were coming out with before this film was released. Like they REALLY wanted it to fail. Saying stuff like the usual 'most expensive film ever made', executives worried it wouldn't recoup, early audiences being made ill by the 3D (probably the type of person that's get sick turning a corner in a car?), James Cameron's ego etc.

But sheesh, after all the films he's made, I think he deserves a huge amount of slack. And I'm extremely happy it's going to pass Titanic.

I'm also surprised that the Brits aren't the usual bad-guys in a big Hollywood flick. THAT makes a change!

Only 3 more hours left till viewing #5. :)

@ Friar - Loads of people will come up with their own expert take on the story/plot. But just go in there without any prejudice and an open mind and just be blown away by the film. Do try and see it 3D and on the biggest screen you can.

Great movie! Hit me the way the 1st Star Wars did in 1977---like, wow! Raises the bar by far.

The plot's competing forces are fairly generic, actually---episodes of the original Star Trek tackled such issues as well as numerous movies---Cameron has lumped a bunch of them together with an imaginative way to express the virtues of "Good" vs the immoral actions of "Evil". Won't spoil it for others with more specifics.

The visuals are the outstanding point but the creativity in the science supporting the realization of the above elements (think "mind meld", for example) and the design of the tech, the machines, the geography, etc., is what really impresses me. The graphic execution is smooth and the action scenes intense. You really have to see it more than once to absorb it all---better each time.

Go for it, GreyKnight---I went to the original Star Wars 17 times!

Strider