US Navy drill team

SkyPup

As Darth Vader would say, "Very impressive!"

But... I wonder how that all started? Decades(?) ago, some rating must of gotten sick of bog standard marching with the rifle and thought, "...I know, I'll wang this rifle around a bit!.." And then his drill sergeant must of thought of bollocking first, but then thought that's pretty nifty, I'll get that lad to teach the rest of us.

~S~

I remember back in boot-camp. We couldn't march for shit and a Leutenant from HM Kings Guard Drillsquad showed up on a recruitment visit and basically taught us what we needed to know that day(and nail it too) in one hour. Our Sergeant had given up on us like two weeks ago. ;D

I was pretty close to transfering there too but then I noticed that you HAVE TO practice even on weekend leaves, with a log resembling the Mauser they send with you that is. That was the dealbreaker for me. It's easy to spot that the Navy guys are exceptional "jugglers" though but not that exceptional with alignment and timing. HMKG does it the other way around; alignment and timing is almost everything.

Music stops around 2:50.

~S~