Level bombing Mission

guitarman68

GMan,

Why do you need a mission for this?

Why not start a quick mission builder in the B25 at 5,000m and as soon as you spawn, switch on auto-level, fire up the map, and pick a bridge or airfield about 4/5 grid squares in front of you and aim for that?

see here for an easy way to do it mate - you dont need the bombing table or anything, use the auto drop

http://www.dangerdogz.com/forums/index.php/topic,8196.msg70391.html#msg70391

I practice on the okinawa map in QMB , fly with whatever bomber you want , no fighter opposition and try to bomb the parked planes or vehicals on the main enemy airfield on the island. You have to be quick setting up as you are only a grid away- on DF maps I get everything set up at least 2 grids out

S

One important thing with bombing I've found, and Dave mentioned it, was make sure you're all levelled out and your speed is constant and you're on the right heading at AT LEAST 2 GRID SQUARES AWAY from the target. I'm a crap multi-tasker, so I prefer to be setup at 3 grid squares away.

Once I get to the right altitude, I throttle back to 80%, so that I don't get my airspeed creeping forward after I've levelled out from climbing.

That means you have all your settings dialled in correctly to match your height and current TAS. All you need to do now for 3 grid squares is minor rudder trim alterations in order to stay on target.

If you leave this too late, you'll be trying to level out, whilst also entering height & speed and trimming and etc.. and it's a nightmare.