convergencies-please post yours

delta7

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

220m/ cannon 200m/ mgs.

I generally fly a/c with wing-mounted guns and I aim [sic] to get in as close as possible on any pass I make. If a plane starts making violent evasive manoeuvres before I'm in close enough I generally break, upwards if possible.

As someone mentioned earlier, stick-rigging is crucial. A perfect merge is great, but if the nose isn't steady when you reach the firing point then the shots are wasted.

Over the years I've realised what I think is the most important point of the gunnery issue - conservation of ammo. This, to me, is critical. In a fighter with maybe 16 to 20 seconds of firing capability, a 2 second burst is one-eighth of the supply used up. Most of the allied planes don't even have the luxury of an ammo-counter so it's necessary to keep a count as you go - and this has become the norm for me. I look to have at least a two-second duration of mg fire left when I return home, just in case I need to deter any enemy pursuit at the last moment.

B

Just a reminder of my gunnery practice warm up coops.

http://www.dangerdogz.com/forums/index.php/topic,5930.0.html

My guns vary from aircraft to air craft and the perceived job at hand in the mission.

183 for normal DF mode all weapons.

300 if ground targets are my intended goal.

1000 if attacking bombers.

certian planes however get other settings, do to the piper not lining up to my comfort zone of 200 yards. so I adjust them till the guns hit at 183 meters. 

• 3 months later...