Duxford 2010

Blairgowrie

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2. Administrators

Pooka & JP, your items have been ordered, please check your PMs for the amount and paypal it to Rog ASAP as I need the cash to clear into my bank account before the shirts can be paid for.

Thanks guys

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

Replacement shirts for Fruitbat have arrived and been posted on today. Have probably missed last collection, but will go tomorrow at least.

Polo, T-shirt, Baseball Cap and Beanie arrived for JP too. There's pics in the gallery.

Leaves Pooka's & Gec's orders still processing. Should be ready early next week.

Jabo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

Further to the Bearcat post earlier in this thread, my spies tell me that more of the denizens of Hangars 2 & 3 have been out and about over the weekend with the Harvard, TF51 'Miss Velma' and TT.20 Sea Fury all air tested during the last couple of days.

Jabo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

No worries, I think you just did fine there. m8, looks plenty embedded to me ... O0

On a side note, should I book tickets online in advance?

For the Saturday? Sunday? Both?

Or can one wait until the day of the visit itself?

(Can remember reading about that somewhere in here, but too lazy to look it up...sry)

• 1. DDz Quorum

Am I the only one to comment on the worrying amount of weird beards in that video?

Probably, so better start growing one fast!

We are all waiting to see what the weather looks like and then decide which day. Very little advantage to buying in advance.

Thanks BG, I knew it was about something one has no control of ... not even you... I think.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Really looking forward to meeting up with you guys :)

That promo vid was good Jabo, nicely embedded too ;)

Have heard and seen some of the aircraft from Duxford being dusted off, one advantage of living so close :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

Two visitors confirmed for this years 'Legends' are legends in their own right.

Bud Anderson who flew two tours in Europe with the 357FG and his P-51D 'Old Crow' from the Scandanavian Heritage Flight will both be visiting Duxford this summer! (OK, I know it's not the real 'Old Crow' - both machines (B and D variants) live in the US - but it's painted the same)

Jabo

P.S. Holy crap! Take a look at this photo I just found - the Red Lion is the half-timbered building on the right!!! (This won't mean anything if you've never been there before but if you have....)

post-406-021535000 1277512516_thumb.jpg

P.S. Holy crap! Take a look at this photo I just found - the Red Lion is the half-timbered building on the right!!! (This won't mean anything if you've never been there before but if you have....)

Looks like LOTS of accommodation for next year :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

PS the mug arrived this morning. Thanks Nick. :goodjob:

• 2. Administrators

New on the TFC Blog today;

"The Fighter Collection are pleased to announce that over 50 aircraft will participate at the 2010 event including 10 Spitfires. Flying Legends will showcase the development of this iconic fighter with participation of the very rare Mk1 Spitfire right through to a Mk XIX variant.

Participating aircraft include Sea Fury (x2), Sky Raiders, P-51 Mustangs (including a mystery Mustang not previously seen at Flying Legends), Dakota, Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Lancaster, Spitfire and Hurricane, A-26 Invader, Lufthansa, Brietling Wing Walkers, a British trio of Mew Gull, Arrow Active and Miles Magister and a Hawker Tribute."

Sounds good!

• 1. DDz Quorum

I had a Premonition about Duxford today.

I struggling though who's Future I'm witnessing.

Painless possibly.

:roflmao:

~S~ Todd,

M8 if I am still THAT sober I will be dissapointed LOL. It could be Jedi goodjob.gif

~S~ Mick.

I had a Premonition about Duxford today.

I struggling though who's Future I'm witnessing.

Painless possibly.

:roflmao:

~S~ Todd,

M8 if I am still THAT sober I will be dissapointed LOL. It could be Jedi goodjob.gif

~S~ Mick.

Of course not mr P, I simpy refuse to wear shorts and a baseball cap. I can hold my booze pretty well however.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Well, the shorts are clean so it's not Sid either. :D

Hey!!! I resemble that remark!!

Duxford suddenly came a whole lot closer - my son in law is showing an interest and would like to go!

Any objections to me making him an Honorary Dogz for the day?

OT

As said, the more the merrier! Would be great to see you there also!!!