Duxford 2010

Blairgowrie

Ish, except I believe some of the UK-based contingent will be joining BG and Pook in London on the Thursday only, to 'do' the IWM in Lambeth. We'll then travel en masse to Duxford Friday morning, whereupon those that wish could go round the museums and hangers at the airfield or do whatever else takes their fancy. Friday evening @ the Red Lion, followed by show on Saturday, possibly a curry Saturday night (if Jim and I can work out where the restaurant is), more beer at the RL. Recover Sunday. Take Mr & Mrs Pook back to London and Mr & Mrs BG to Heathrow Monday, and those going to Normandy keep going South!

Jabo

I did figure out where it is Jabo. It was the Black Bull, Sawston.

Great Indian nosh!

:bg:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Lion is top notch Tribunus. You should be able to get a double room with twin beds at considerably lower cost than a single. If you have definitely decided to go, Jabo can book a room for you now. You will have to pay for it January 1st. The room cost includes a hearty breakfast. You just tell the gorgeous girl with the big tits what you want and she makes it for you herself. There is tons of fresh coffee, orange juice and you can make your own toast. Very civilized.

:bg: 

• 2. Administrators

Notes on the congeston charge, it only applies to peak time. it finishes at 18:30, not sure what time it starts. you can drive into the zone for free after that.

7 am I think - I'm pretty stuffed either way, no way I'm getting to London before 7am from here, and I can't afford to spend Wednesday night there either.

• 2. Administrators
I don't think that will be an issue Tribunus. There are enough people going to Normandy, I am sure you will be able to get a lift from someone. Perhaps someone will be along shortly to offer.

Yep, that could be me, I have to ensure that Jedi can get his train back up North, and that Jim and Helen get to Heathrow on time, but then I'll be heading down South to meet up with Painless and JP (and whoever else is going across to France)

I can get five into the car, so that's no problem.

Jabo

P.S. Incidentally, the Legends Attendees thread is here. I suggest we keep this thread for Dux discussions, and just add names to the Attendees list. See my next post for link

P.S. Incidentally, the Legends Attendees thread is here. I suggest we keep this thread for Dux discussions, and just add names to the Attendees list.

I get this... "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you. "

Does this mean I'm not allowed to go to Duxford?

• 2. Administrators

Very gracious of you Jabo, S!. This might turn into quite a trip.

I've been looking at the whole thing m8, and I reckon dropping you off at Luton Airport would be best, the trains from St Pancras to Nottingham stop there, and then you wouldn't need to change trains. Unless you want to go from Duxford into London and back out again.

Very well Jabo.

I think I will be joining you for the trip down to london on Thursday (?).

Do we stay until monday morning?

So that means 3 nights at the Red Lion?

Luton Airport is the stop for both the trains and the National Express busses. Sounds like a good solution.

I will try to be descent company at Duxford, honest.

Whichever is fine by me Jabo. I am still uncertain about my ability to go at all. I should'nt have anything at that point, merely waiting for my graduation. Now to scratch up the dough for it. My rent is quite lower the third term, so I should have some degree of liquidity.

I go to duxford on one condition, no-one calls me Teddy (name is Teodor, pronounced Theodore)

• 3 weeks later...

I go to duxford on one condition, no-one calls me Teddy (name is Teodor, pronounced Theodore)

You really should of thought a bit more, before posting that comment Teddy-Jedi. Jedi-Teddy? Ted-the-Jed? You might as well of made yourself a big sign to carry around now.

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Jedi

You really should of thought a bit more, before posting that comment Teddy-Jedi. Jedi-Teddy? Ted-the-Jed? You might as well of made yourself a big sign to carry around now.

I thought you would have known the British sense of humour better than that ! :-\

Why can't you BEAR the thought of being called "Teddy" ?

When someone does it do you feel GRIZZLY or BROWNED off ?

When you come to London don't forget to have a POOH at PADDINGTON station. I hear the facilities are the POLAR opposite to the ones at Waterloo . etc....etc ;)

See you in the Spring M8.

~S~ Painful.