Duxford 2010 and the Tour de Normandie part...the Sequel.

JensenPark

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Trib,

Yes I will be coming back home on Sunday with JP so I can see a little of the wife and kids in the middle of this adventure.

For some unexplainable reason she said it would be nice to see JP again !! :huh: LOL

I would really struggle to afford another night at the Red Lion given that we now have a stay in London to pay for as well. :(

You are of course welcome to a lift and an overnight at my house, (I do a great bacon/egg sandwich), but it would have to be on the Sunday .

~S~ Painless

• 1. DDz Quorum

Move over, room for a little one.....?

I want to do the show and Normandy, I don't think London is an option at the moment.

How's about I sort out the transport. We may well not need a minibus - a comfortable 7 seat people carrier for the invasion may be the answer.

I will come to the Red Lion on Friday with said vehicle, stay the weekend and drive it down to Portsmouth on Monday with whosoever wishes to be in it.

The crux on the Monday will be the ferry times.

I'm in, just need to sort out where..... :)

• 1. DDz Quorum

Not going to miss this one..

Expecting to still be in contract @ Reuters July 2010, but will be taking a summer break this time.

If we are still in our house here in Cambridgeshire we will have a couple of spare beds plus floor space and a few gaming rigs.

Might consider the Normady bit too, and as I have 2 7 seaters it could help..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

Froggy...erm...French sat nav is no problem, I have one which is Europe-wide. I'll get the updated French maps for it and we can't get lost! :roflmao:

I've no idea what time I can get to Portsmouth Mick, I've got all these hangers-on to sort out en-route

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

No. They're not taking bookings yet, and no block bookings in any case. I'm ringing them daily at the moment in the hope they'll get bored, and let us get started. Keep your powder dry for a couple of days and we'll see. As soon as I know, you'll know.

Jabo

• 4 months later...

To those brave enough to go on the Normandy tour:

Painless and I were chatting about where we should go in our limited time.

Painless had a great idea that we should ask in advance where we should visit besides bars and brothels. (ok, just kidding there...we are not going to any bars)

From the last visit, I'd (highly) recommend:

- Point du Hoc

- US cemetery at Omaha

- Pegasus Bridge

- Longue sur Mer

- Arromanches

- the five landing beaches (most are just beaches, with three of them having small museums...but still,worthy to visit just to say we were there)

I'd also like to recommend we visit the Commonwealth cemetery, the German cemetery and the area where the 101st airborne landed...St Mere Eglise. Maybe Caan as well?

Any other thoughts gentlemen?

Would really appreciate any feedback...I think it would help if we had things planned a bit in advance to see more stuff...

• 1. DDz Quorum

Good one FT on Hill 112. There is a ceremony on July 12 there. I bet some of the vets will be there.

Sid, like those as well.

Too bad we'll be one day late... still, it will be special to visit the site then... no vets, but we'll probably see the flowers they left there... that might be kinda impressive by itself come to think of it...