Duxford 2010 and the Tour de Normandie part...the Sequel.

JensenPark

Hi all you lovely DD's.

Who's up then for a trip over to Normandy for a few days after Duxford next July?

Right now I think we have me, Jabo, Painless and possibly Sid.

If we can get a couple more we can hire a big van...

We can hit the five beaches, Pegasus bridge, Pointe du Hoc, memorials, cemeteries, bars...

When Painless and I did the trip a couple years back it was actually very affordable with costs split.

Figure if we can get more, we can have more to drink and spend less at the same time.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1. DDz Quorum

If and when I get to get to Duxford next year (still not sure), I'll probably be traveling by car.

Currently it's a Citroen Xantia Break, with room for five Dogs.

Could take a ddetour on the way home, turn right at Calais instead of turning left...

There's only one thing amiss with this plan... no way I'll be traveling back to the UK after having visited Normandy!

I'll be racing home! (Got to be back by Thursday night you know)

• 2. Administrators

Sounds possible, just need to dump a car in the long stay car park at Dover and drop us at Calais on the way home, we travel back to the UK as foot passengers, pick the car up and voila!

Alternatively 'borrow' a Transit from the local Ford dealership - 'Just going for a test drive squire' and return it some days later...

Jabo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Chaps,

Remember I live just up the road from Portsmouth where we will be catching the Ferry.

No problem with picking up or droping off various vehicles.

Relax about sharing a van guys, the main worry would be peoples ears bleeding (Jedi) LOL. ;)

I will volunteer to be the "DD" (Desecrated Driver) . :roflmao:

~S~ Painless

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone else would like to join in with any part, or all of the "DDz 2010 world tour" please post. ;)

~S~ Painless

I really hadn't thought about going to Duxford, but between this opportunity and a suggestion from BG, I'm now becoming interested.

Is there going to be a common hotel/meeting place in London prior to Duxford?

• 2. Administrators
Stick me on the guest list

You were never off the list Nick.

Stick me on the guest list for the weekend at Duxford and the DD invasion of normandie :) I've started on my french and its going badly :spank:

Can't wait :)

I intend to use my normal method when dealing with the French, just talk more LOUDLY AND SLOOOWLY. Just a thought -you know those St George flags that ppl stick on their cars for the World Cup etc - Could we get a white one for the minibus?

Is there going to be a common hotel/meeting place in London prior to Duxford?

I'd love to go back to the Intrepid Fox in Camden - met the Prince of Darkness there back in the 80's

Jabo