UI 1.2 very there now

FoolTrottel

Brando: :headbang::hello2: :wav2:

Agreed well said , my main problem with mods is that there are always people who want what they consider is right without considering the implications

Delta: As far as I know, there never has been nor will there ever be any FM, DM or weapon changes to the stock Oleg aircraft at AAA. If we are flying missions that use only the old aircraft then any changes to the new aircraft are irrelevant, moot and not even a part of any reasonable discussion. Past that there is no reason we can't discuss any aircraft that we have problems with, and then just leave them out of any new missions.

Thanks for the info, I do however consider the discussions relevent and reasonable; it would be better to highlight and discuss potential differences now rather than let them get blown out of proportion later e.g. what if 2 or 3 in the squad want a plane in while 2 or 3 dont , how will you decide who has the more valid argument?

And just as a point of interest the only thing that makes 4.09 official is that Oleg said so, it is no more a product of Maddox Games than the Mods.

While it isnt a product of Maddox, the Dedalus team had to submit their update to Olegs team for varification before release, it was the same as Pacific Fighters which was by a subteam within Maddox.

If I should refrain from flying with the Dogz until this is all straightened out then that is what I'll do.

I

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also found a very minimal number of broken files in the filefront downloads, mainly a few gauges that don't work. This did not prevent me from loading or running the game. Being a perfectionist though, I proceeded to download all over again using the Torrent system. That's done now but I am still part of the Torrent, seeding @ approximately 38 kB/s, and the rate for download is good right now, with 87 88 of us seeding.

Again there are no major errors - in fact, some of the reported errors show because parts of individual files are split across .rar files: a condition that is cured on installation.

I overwrote my existing 1.2 installation without any problem and it all works fine.

B :dog:

Well I get "unable to dnload torrent file" or some crap, but that's just me, part of the computer stuff curse. Ive fought with torrent for while, and it took 2.5 days to get "Malta Story".

I got it already from a different source, but Im not gonna use it until all this deal gets settled. will the new AAA version be able to function on our switcher thingy without screwing stuff up? (Can you tell I'm so damn sick of trying to remember all this terminology that it confuses the absolute hell outta me?)

WTF is zuti whatever, and what does "commented out" mean? Is that (whatever it means) all that needs to be modified so it will work in the switcher? See, it's just over my head at this point.

I love the stuff that's in it, but Ill wait till somebody comes up wiht the means of integrating this into our little system, which Im sure somebody will. Logistics is a pain in the ass, like it was with the allies in WW2 with everybody using different calibers. I wanna be able to still fly in pedastal as well as use this if practical,

I will do whatever is needed to be able to fly in Pedastal, but I may need some help doing so (remember the computer curse I have).

I don't believe that we're doing anything different for Pedestal, Carl. That would change the parameters of the whole campaign, and unbalance things. As far as I know, we'll still be on AAA 1.1

It would probably give Glenn apoplexy to change things right now!

Carl, What I meant by "comment out" is to put a dash in front of the filename, that way the game does not read it. The only problem with Zuti DF is you can't join unless all players have the same version.

Both Winrar and 7zip (which is free BTW) Have a handy "test" function that checks the files for errors. I was able to use it to locate the single error I had and re-download the just that section. I have a clean file that I will try to upload to the vault. It seems that filefront had some trouble with the volume, and that is what caused the errors.

BTW the install should end with the black Dos window that says "press any key"