UI 1.2 very there now

FoolTrottel

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished installing it as I left the house this morning. Took quite a bit to download it, as I was just finishing flying on Zekes and was going to head to bed. Got them downloaded around 12:20 am, and installed it this morning. I'll be checking it out when I get home, but I'm looking forward to it!

No more AAA fire through clouds, or AI planes seeing you through clouds: yippee! No more AAA firing madly away at parachutes (which we already have on our OAC server - works really nice!)

Now I have a fifth install.....

Well that sounds mighty nice........ at first I couldn't see why it had to be a seperate install, but I think that makes sense.

BTW, Im glad to see gibbage's B25 mods, with gun noses etc.

And the early P38s with streamlined engine fairings. Gibbage is a master of htis.

Some corrected AI flt modlels it seems. Nice stuff. Lots of work.

But why the FCK is the P-80a always left out? I mean, the stuff is already made for petes sake. It's got the F9F. I guess I shouldn't gripe, but really.

And what the hell is a P-24? I can't imagine a military AC since 1939 that I've never heard of. THink they may have meant P-26?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Installed it over a clean 1.1

They've improved changed the sounds again.

Sigh, now the in cockipit engine sounds are way too loud (checked 109, 110, Spit XIV), they are so loud I get distortion, crackling, even when I turn the volume down.

Except the IL2. In cockpit volume is so low you can hear a 109 closing in from miles away. Have to turn up the volumen. And next go deaf when the 109's shells hit the IL2.

I can't believe they missed that. Once again, quantity over quality... Feckin' Mods! (Yeah, they are free, I know...)

I've read on AAA that "1.2 was designed from the ground up to use original game sounds without breaking crt2 compatibility.", and now I'm hopin' someone shows and tells how to get the original sounds back...

Well I've got it downloaded and I'll be installing it once my new Velociraptor is in place and I've cloned my current OS partition onto it. Saturday, I guess. I don't expect any great surprises from it - after all, 'Guse has been explaining the content for ages now, and why several of the expected mod planes have been delayed until 1.3. In most cases it's because the authors are still finishing their work and I think that's a good thing. At least the notion of producing finished work, viz. Oleg's approach, is being maintained by the AAA crowd. 1.3 will bring compatibility with the official 4.09m version too, so it's well worth waiting for especially as the missing planes should be ready for inclusion by then. I'm especially looking forward to having the 6DoF mod for 4.09m.

The most important point about the AAA-UI mods is that they are designed to work in on-line mode. Despite all the flak, and the claims of various other modding groups, this is worth waiting for.

B

As Brando said 409 final will come with UI 1.3 which will be a patch to 1.2. Unless were going to go with something else you might as well go with 1.2 now as you will have to get it later anyway, and I don't see any reason for a separate install, as the only real compatibility issue is the Zuti DF and that is easily commented out if necessary.

Did I mention that 1.2 has new p38s?

FT, I have a full uncorrupted install (finally), I could try to upload it to the Vault later if you like for Dogz use. It seems that Filefront has "issues". I only hope that I can get the FTP to work, I've had no luck in the past.

I don't reckon the mods/official version thing will ever be truly rectified as time goes by. Version 1.3 will be compatible with 4.09m, but the next release from Team Daidalos (4.10, or whatever they call it) will mean a further revision for the AAA version, and so on. Pandora's Box Syndrome as you might say.

The cure for PBS remains multiple installations, or a consensus as to which version we should be using at squad level. Or a dictatorial thumb from our Emperor if necessary ;)

At least the process has been simplified by the finalisation of 4.09m. It is now only necessary to retain a clean copy of this official version and 4.08m and 4.09b1m are now just redundant.

Likewise the AAA UI remains a sure bet for the mods and I guess 1.2 has become the new benchmark. Whether or not to hold off until 1.3 arrives is a moot point, sure, but I think that's where I'll be going for my next taste of mod goodness. Whether I keep a further install that contains the stuff that hasn't made it into 1.2 is neither here nor there. I wouldn't be using it for flying on-line anyway.

B